theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   My son, the Universal lifeguard! Such a proud mum.. Say hi if you see him, pic on post #32 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1226931)

PoohBears#1fan 11 Jun 22 11:01 AM

My son, the Universal lifeguard! Such a proud mum.. Say hi if you see him, pic on post #32

Well it's a week now since DS flew out to Orlando to start on his summer work exchange program at the Universal hotels and he's absolutely having the time of his life, I'm just delighted for him (& more than a little bit envious! :pgig:) :)

They've had several days of orientation, 2 days off and he's now on day 2 of 3 days training before starting work.

They've been allowed to buy WDW Florida resident Pixie pass APs so as soon as they've finished the days sessions they've all been off to Disney - what a life huh!

After they've been there 4 weeks, they get given free entry to Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica... :D

If you have a University student on the fence over doing this, I would absolutely encourage them, they are literally having the time of their lives - couldn't be happier for him :)

This is all of them on day 1 (minus a select few who's Visas were a little delayed), you can follow the hashtag #myyummystory on IG if interested in what they're all up to.

Guest 11 Jun 22 11:22 AM

How exciting! We are at Royal Pacific for two weeks in September, does he know where he is going to be? I will say hi if he is going to be there!

Melvin Pearce 11 Jun 22 11:22 AM

Hope he has a lovely time and so many memories:)

Always will remember the young girl who did a report about 3 years ago.:)Sorry can't remember her name.

Definately a proud parent moment:)

Lesley and Melvin

TinkTatoo 11 Jun 22 11:26 AM

Such an exciting opportunity for him

Gull 11 Jun 22 11:28 AM

Oh thats fab ! Hope he has a fantastic summer. I might have to start a petition for a 50 and over programme 😁

Sue 11 Jun 22 11:35 AM

What a wonderful opportunity- you have every right to be proud

Sandra & co 11 Jun 22 11:38 AM

How lovely, congratulations to your son xxx

PoohBears#1fan 11 Jun 22 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen (Post 15489455)
How exciting! We are at Royal Pacific for two weeks in September, does he know where he is going to be? I will say hi if he is going to be there!

They get allocated their hotels at the end of training so will let you know. Could be any of the 8, he hasn’t requested a specific one. 😊

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gull (Post 15489470)
Oh thats fab ! Hope he has a fantastic summer. I might have to start a petition for a 50 and over programme 😁

I’ll sign!

I did ask Yummy if they needed any 50 year old old nurses but I’m yet to receive anything concrete… 😂

marlouwrig 11 Jun 22 11:50 AM

How wonderful!

You have every right to be proud ( and a little bit envious:grin:)

Minniebella 11 Jun 22 12:03 PM

Amazing, what an experience!