theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Can't get in touch with DVC Owner (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1228807)

Milliebob 28 Jun 22 09:56 AM

Can't get in touch with DVC Owner

We rented some points from a fellow Dibber to stay at VGC in October.

Unfortunately our plans have changed, due to work commitments we can no longer go on the date we booked. I've messaged the DVC owner three times (once per week for three weeks) and he is ignoring me.

I presume there's nothing I can do and I've lost the money?

BevS97 28 Jun 22 10:40 AM

Most DVC rentals are sold on a no changes / refunds basis. But it maybe the owner is away and not checking the Dibb. Do you have any other contact details such as an email address?

Andi 28 Jun 22 10:49 AM

Sorry the only thing I can suggest is to click on their username and then click on view public profile, it will show the last time they were on the Dibb.

Shooby doo 28 Jun 22 01:45 PM

There maybe be reasons that they haven't replied, I know for us I don't really come near the Dibb when I've got the post holiday blues.
In answer to your questions:
1. No not really, all depends on the contract/agreement that you had but apart from trying to contact the owner,nothing
2. Depends really & all down to what the owner can do with the points or if there is a possibility of moving dates.I'm not even sure that one of the rental sites would have improved your position because at the end of the day the owner has secured the stay & it isn't their fault that your plans have changed. That sounds/looks a bit harsh but I can't think of a better way to say it:blush: If it's any consolation you have 2 months to try to sort something, that 3rd month is really too late as points go into Holding & even the owner doesn't have many options.
SD:d:

amy56 28 Jun 22 02:26 PM

One thing going in your favour is that VGC is a sought after location, and I reckon someone else would want the booking.

If I was the owner I would try to rent out the reservation to someone else for you - even if it got to the last minute and you had to accept a lesser amount.

Hopefully it will work out for you 👍

YorkshireT 28 Jun 22 02:28 PM

Is this owner a regular poster on Dibb?
What do you mean by ‘messaged’?

Milliebob 28 Jun 22 02:40 PM

Thank you for all of your replies.

Unfortunately we didn't have any discussion prior to the rental about changes/cancellation.

The only contact I have is on here, so I have just been sending DMs. The first one I sent requesting to cancel the booking was on 30th May. I can see they were 'last seen' on the Dibb on 8th June.

I actually asked in my last message if he would prefer to change our booking to any DVC resort in WDW with availability for when we are there in Aug/Sept.

I've had total radio silence. I think someone would snap his hand off for the reservation of a 2 bed villa at VGC!

Editing to add: Yes they are a regular Dibber, I won't name them.

I've rented on The Dibb before with no problems but probably will use a broker next time :(

YorkshireT 28 Jun 22 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milliebob (Post 15514227)
Thank you for all of your replies.

Unfortunately we didn't have any discussion prior to the rental about changes/cancellation.

The only contact I have is on here, so I have just been sending DMs. The first one I sent requesting to cancel the booking was on 30th May. I can see they were 'last seen' on the Dibb on 8th June.

I actually asked in my last message if he would prefer to change our booking to any DVC resort in WDW with availability for when we are there in Aug/Sept.

I've had total radio silence. I think someone would snap his hand off for the reservation of a 2 bed villa at VGC!

Editing to add: Yes they are a regular Dibber, I won't name them.

I've rented on The Dibb before with no problems but probably will use a broker next time :(

A few things when renting.

Always get name, address, email telephone number. Never just go on Dibb message service.

I would always supply a contract but some are more informal.

His inbox could be full and he has no idea you are messaging him.

It may well be that he simply has no idea you are messaging him.

You could if all else fails post a message on the DVC forum or reply to one of his posts saying you have a message and his inbox may be full and can he message you.

Admins may be able to check if his message inbox is full and maybe pass on a message, not sure.

If it’s a regular Dibber, and DVC owner I won’t speak for them, but I’d be surprised if they wouldn’t be helpful.

Whilst he may want some recompense for the hassle, if all else fails Davids would snap someone’s hand off for a confirmed reservation at VGC, even a 2 bed, and I suspect they would rent it.

Milliebob 28 Jun 22 03:37 PM

Thank you so much for the advice YorkshireT.

I am hoping he just hasn't seen my messages, doesn't look like he has a premium account so his inbox could well be full. I didn't realise it would still allow me to message if that was the case.

And of course you're right, full contact details in the future!

YorkshireT 28 Jun 22 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milliebob (Post 15514290)
Thank you so much for the advice YorkshireT.

I am hoping he just hasn't seen my messages, doesn't look like he has a premium account so his inbox could well be full. I didn't realise it would still allow me to message if that was the case.

And of course you're right, full contact details in the future!

Yep someone was messaging me not so long ago and I had no idea, they put a message on a thread to say my inbox appeared full. Or they may just not spot they have a message.
If it’s a regular DVC Dibber I’d be surprised if they were blanking you.