theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   You've got a friend in Me(d) - Index (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1001856)

Scruffette 22 Jan 17 04:41 PM

You've got a friend in Me(d) - Index

Hello and welcome to our (slightly delayed) 2016 Disney Magic cruise trip report.

Your cast is:
Me, Lucy (25) and Ollie (also 25). We are recent cruising converts, having done our first cruise in 2015 on the Disney Dream.

We had an amazing trip, made all the more special by a particularly magical moment on Day 6…

Our itinerary was 2 nights in Salou, 2 nights Barcelona and a 7 night Mediterranean cruise on the Disney Magic.

Pre trip report
Day 1 – Travel day, Salou
Day 2 – Port Aventura
Day 3 – Port Aventura, Barcelona
Day 4 – Barcelona, including Sagrada Familia and Park Gόell
Day 5 – Boarding the Disney Magic
Day 6 – Day at Sea and a particularly magical evening
Day 7 – Salerno – Pompeii
Day 8 – Civitavecchia – Rome
Day 9 – Livorno – Florence
Day 10 – Villefranche
Day 11 – Day at Sea and Day 12 – Disembarkation and going home
Final Thoughts and Future Plans

If the suspense is too much, feel free to check out our 2013 and 2015 Florida trips here -

The ‘When is the last trip not the last?’ trip – Summer 2013
Toarin’ – August 2015

Gill H 22 Jan 17 04:57 PM

Yaaaay! Thank you for doing this. Will be following with interest as we are doing the same cruise in September.

(I'm still working on my November 2016 DLP report so no worries. Those things take time!)

Scruffette 23 Jan 17 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 12232941)
Yaaaay! Thank you for doing this. Will be following with interest as we are doing the same cruise in September.

(I'm still working on my November 2016 DLP report so no worries. Those things take time!)

Thanks Gill. Hopefully the cruise days will be of some use :)

My trip reports always take a while, but they get there eventually!

Sotong 12 Feb 17 01:20 PM

I'm enjoying your trip report, this and my enjoyment doing a pre trip for our 2017 holiday has led me to embark on my own Disney Cruise trip report from 2015. Part 1 up soon!
Following yours too.

Gillian.

Tor32 8 Mar 17 05:10 PM

Really looking forward to reading this as trying to persuade my husband it's worth the big bucks!

Scruffette 2 Apr 17 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotong (Post 12280980)
I'm enjoying your trip report, this and my enjoyment doing a pre trip for our 2017 holiday has led me to embark on my own Disney Cruise trip report from 2015. Part 1 up soon!
Following yours too.

Gillian.

I'm so glad you did a trip report, I really enjoyed reading it. Youa lso put me to shame by writing it so quickly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tor32 (Post 12347025)
Really looking forward to reading this as trying to persuade my husband it's worth the big bucks!

Definitely worth it! We tried to do it on a budget as much as possible. We had an inside stateroom and didn't do the Disney excursions. We still had a great time! I hope you manage to persuade him :)

toffiness 11 Apr 17 02:41 PM

Just caught up and now patiently waiting on the rest!

Gill H 16 May 17 09:43 PM

Really looking forward to seeing your Magic days (hint hint!) as we are waiting impatiently for our cruise!

Tor32 19 May 17 06:37 PM

Me too!

Scruffette 4 Jun 17 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toffiness (Post 12432948)
Just caught up and now patiently waiting on the rest!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 12532208)
Really looking forward to seeing your Magic days (hint hint!) as we are waiting impatiently for our cruise!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tor32 (Post 12539208)
Me too!

Next day coming soon! I'm being very slow with the trip report this year - I will get there I promise! :)