theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   GCSE parents? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1127680)

smithlane 17 Jun 19 06:45 PM

DD on her first day of Nursery, first day of Secondary and today her last day of school. I can’t believe how quick the years have gone!

floridasarah 17 Jun 19 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithlane (Post 13907261)
DD on her first day of Nursery, first day of Secondary and today her last day of school. I can’t believe how quick the years have gone!

Its very scary how quickly the years have gone by.

JDT2019 17 Jun 19 07:28 PM

And we are done too, German completed this morning, can't believe my baby has finished his GCSEs, where have the years gone 😣

Glee Fan 17 Jun 19 08:40 PM

Still not finished here. My ds has 3 citizenship papers, the last is on Thursday. I think he is quite fed up now!

Well done to all those who have finished, huge relief!

Twin mummy 17 Jun 19 08:40 PM

One of mine went back to school today over lunchtime, with 2 friends, to give presents and cards to favourite teachers. They weren't allowed into school, were told that they could leave them at the office but they were no longer allowed on school premises.

I've worked in schools for years and always had our Year 11's popping in after the exams to say thank you, just think it's really sad. (These were 3 really good girls btw, all senior prefects and not trouble makers!)

Twin mummy 17 Jun 19 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glee Fan (Post 13907529)
Still not finished here. My ds has 3 citizenship papers, the last is on Thursday. I think he is quite fed up now!

Well done to all those who have finished, huge relief!

Oh no, that's really late. Is your DD finished? Must make it even harder if she has.

darbs 17 Jun 19 08:54 PM

Last exam for DS tomorrow... can't wait!

Disney Dizzy 17 Jun 19 09:13 PM

And we are done!

Next wee is book return and graduation ceremony followed by two 6th form orientation days. We will be sorting out of books and school uniform at the weekend.

Glee Fan 17 Jun 19 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin mummy (Post 13907539)
Oh no, that's really late. Is your DD finished? Must make it even harder if she has.

Yes Helen, she finished last Friday!

Think that’s very poor of the school to not allow your girls in to give gifts. Just really petty isn’t it. I feel cross for them!

Leanne1977 17 Jun 19 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin mummy (Post 13907532)
One of mine went back to school today over lunchtime, with 2 friends, to give presents and cards to favourite teachers. They weren't allowed into school, were told that they could leave them at the office but they were no longer allowed on school premises.

I've worked in schools for years and always had our Year 11's popping in after the exams to say thank you, just think it's really sad. (These were 3 really good girls btw, all senior prefects and not trouble makers!)

Well that’s just mean! What a horrible way to treat them 🥺

Ds is all done now, said German went pretty well. He’s been out this evening for a nice meal with 17 of his friends. He’s got his official leavers assembly on 28th June and then we fly to Crete on 3rd July! 😃