theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Can I change a Universal 14 day ticket to Annual Pass (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1204427)

Andi 24 Sep 21 02:09 PM

Can I change a Universal 14 day ticket to Annual Pass

We have the Universal 3 Park 14 day ticket, purchased for 2021 but we know Universal have extended these until end of 2022.

Obviously we didn’t get our 3 week holiday this year but are hoping to go on 3rd January to use up DVC points that will expire before the summer.

We can only go for 2 weeks at this time of year and with our Disney Tickets it wouldn’t seem good value to do Universal as well.

Does anyone know if we went to the ticket booth outside the Universal Park could we pay to upgrade to an annual pass, or can we email Universal? Also if we can upgrade but not use would the AP stay valid until we could go again, say perhaps summer 2023?

Busyb 24 Sep 21 02:40 PM

When we upgraded our 14 day ticket to an annual pass, it became active for 12 months from that day. However we never got to use the annual pass as covid hit after our Dec 2019 visit. I sent them an email and they have given me an extra 3 months to use when we go back with no expiry. So it may be worth emailing them about extending the 14 day ticket. I would just tell them that you are only coming back in 2023.

Andi 24 Sep 21 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busyb (Post 15149625)
When we upgraded our 14 day ticket to an annual pass, it became active for 12 months from that day. However we never got to use the annual pass as covid hit after our Dec 2019 visit. I sent them an email and they have given me an extra 3 months to use when we go back with no expiry. So it may be worth emailing them about extending the 14 day ticket. I would just tell them that you are only coming back in 2023.

Can I just check, did you upgrade your tickets before entering the park?

Many thanks for your help. :wavey:

Dr.JumbaJookiba 24 Sep 21 07:06 PM

If your 14 ticket is unused then you will get an unused AP or voucher which will activate on first park entry.

LLamb 24 Sep 21 07:18 PM

We upgraded our 14 day tickets in 2019. It cost $49 each for seasonal passes and they originally expired 366days from first use. It’s the différence in value of the 14 day tickets vs the cost of the annual pass. This is not necessarily what you paid for the tickets.

Universal have been amazing and given us 3 months on our AP that can be activated when we go back.

Andi 24 Sep 21 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba (Post 15149999)
If your 14 ticket is unused then you will get an unused AP or voucher which will activate on first park entry.

We don’t want to activate the ticket in January as we can’t go for the 3 week trip that our Disney and Universal tickets were originally purchased for this summer.

So if we go to one of the booths at Universal, near City Walk and pay to upgrade to an annual pass but not enter the park, can we keep the AP until summer of 2023 and activate the AP then?

ROO 4 Oct 21 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLamb (Post 15150018)
We upgraded our 14 day tickets in 2019.
Universal have been amazing and given us 3 months on our AP that can be activated when we go back.

Did Universal send you an email confirming they would extend by 3 months once you go back ?
We contacted them but never heard back so just assumed we wouldn’t be able to get extended .

LLamb 4 Oct 21 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROO (Post 15161538)
Did Universal send you an email confirming they would extend by 3 months once you go back ?
We contacted them but never heard back so just assumed we wouldn’t be able to get extended .

Yes, they were actually very quick to respond. Offered us a five day ticket at first but they I heard of others getting their passes extended. So I emailed again and they agreed no problem.
I have a reference number to quote at guest services obviously along with our passes.

Édit: actually reading the email I’m not sure we need our old passes.