theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Flying from Teesside (Durham/Tees Valley) Airport (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1102933)

ChrisS 8 Oct 18 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiemark90 (Post 13525853)
By the way I did not know you had to pay to use a lounge at Teesside?

For nostalgia - we flew from Teesside to Sanford on our first trip in 96! Airtours I think. The plane had taken off in Birmingam and then picked us up in Teesside. Those were the days!

Aye Mark, Teeside introduced a compulsory Passenger Facility fee years ago in an attempt to bring in money to keep it open. In the main it’s flights up to Aberdeen for the lads working the rigs.

Hope this works well for the NE, your review could encourage others. Thanks Mark :)

sotagals 8 Oct 18 10:13 AM

Yes you can't get through security unless you have paid your fee. The pay machine is just inside the door.

If you are on the 6am don't show up at 4 as it will be shut.

mouli1 8 Oct 18 01:06 PM

Love klm via ams but too pricey for next year when we looked .so off to Manchester. As it's a Sunday easy drive there not so much on the way home .super strength coffee need
Btw my DH went to school with the labour candidate. Never heard from her since school then got a fb friend request when she stood for mayor

novocastrian 8 Oct 18 01:37 PM

amazed its still open i dropped a colleague off flying back to amsterdam the only flight we could see on the board ! and half the car park was given over to caravan storage ...!

my outlaws used to fly to sanford back in the day and the plane left newcastle, landed at teesside to get a full fuel load & use the longer runway to take off...

sotagals 8 Oct 18 04:57 PM

I recall getting on to go to Sanford on airtours and there were people already seated - from Luton or somewhere - then we went to Prestwick!

Another time we sat ages on the tarmac while they tried to pump on enough fuel to get us there non stop. Don't know what kind of plane it was.

We've also used Teesside to get to Portugal and the South of France in the winter via AMS on Klm.

KLM are keeping the place open.

°o°-Hannah-°o° 8 Oct 18 05:36 PM

I’m sorry but that seems a lot to me. We fly out of Newcastle, 1 stop flydrive a for 3 weeks plus and pay no more than £550 in the summer holidays. We’ve got those prices for the past few summers and it’s currently showing at 597 (too high for my liking still)

Mrs sun 8 Oct 18 08:16 PM

We deffo need more flights from TEESSIDE airport! We are 20 mins away and used to love it!
We are awaiting your trip report! We will try anything that saves us that awful drive back from Manchester after a night flight!

ChrisS 8 Oct 18 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs sun (Post 13526821)
We deffo need more flights from TEESSIDE airport! We are 20 mins away and used to love it!
We are awaiting your trip report! We will try anything that saves us that awful drive back from Manchester after a night flight!

Hiya MrsS, at the moment I can't see many [any other?] airlines wanting to fly from Teeside considering the far bigger Ncl struggle too [Easyjet cancelled LGW route March 2015]. Circa 2006 AA pulled out afore their first scheduled flight departed Ncl; they persisted and lured United for two summer seasons, but I wondered how interested they truly were as it became quite a fiasco, United quoting in excess of £3k for economy flights to MCO, utter madness, plus their delays and cancellations left much to be desired and they pulled out in 2016.