theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   It IS the END for SpectroMagic and Wishes! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=381141)

Imagineer2802 10 Feb 10 08:52 PM

It IS the END for SpectroMagic and Wishes!

This summer should spark new life into several key entertainment offerings around Walt Disney World. This information is not yet confirmed, so take as speculation at this point, but all being well, and barring any last minute changes, it should be officially confirmed in the next few days.

Perhaps most surprisingly, 'The Main Street Electrical Parade' is set to return for a short run at the Magic Kingdom, while SpectroMagic takes a break. The Main Street Electrical Parade was last in the Magic Kingdom for a farewell performance on April 1 2001.

Wishes will take a break for a few months and is set to be replaced with the very popular and highly rated 'Magic, Music and Mayhem' (including the perimeter fireworks!) that has previously only played during 'Disney's Pirate and Princess Party'.

Also on the cards for the summer is a special finale tag for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

I cant believe SpectroMagic is finishing before our holiday! GUTTED! :cry:

I will keep everyone up to date over in the News and updates social group!

What do you think about these changes? :(
Does it mean Spectro isnt coming back?

Amy1989 10 Feb 10 08:55 PM

omg when is all this happening and WHY :-( my ds waned to see spectromagic hell be so upset if they do this so wil i

Irishrover 10 Feb 10 08:56 PM

I know everyone loves spectromania, but to be honest it always reminds me of blackpool, just dosnt give me the shivers like the daytime parade does,

But if they are getting rid, hope they will replace it with something ...:grin:

Bren xx

kaboomba 10 Feb 10 08:56 PM

I am not impressed! I just started a thread a couple of days ago posting if it was missing and was directed to the disney webstie for it show it is on. im gutted its not going to be on!

You mentioned wishes is going too, anymore info on this as you've only said its spector thats going! I will be so upset to miss wishes!

Bats 10 Feb 10 08:57 PM

Interesting. Having never seen the Electrical Parade, I wonder what it's like and look forward to seeing it.
When do you think this will happen ... I'm in DLCal April and WDW there in Sept. Will it be at both?

I've seen Spectro a million times and it's lovely but my camera never lives up to my expectations so I never get photos! :(

sweetemotion 10 Feb 10 08:59 PM

let's hope that what they replace it with will be much better, if that's possible i feel lucky to have seen it now

Guest 10 Feb 10 09:02 PM

Oh no, :cry: I will be so sad if Wishes is'nt on when we're there in October, it makes me cry every single time I see it. Saw 'Magic, music & mayhem' during Pirated & princesses in May 2008, it was good, but the effect is nothing like the goose pimples that Wishes gives you!:( Why mess with someting if it's so amazing?

Guest 10 Feb 10 09:13 PM

I don't mind if Spectro goes (like Joa said, can't catch the magic on camera, and when I do my flash seems to home in on the back of peoples heads!), but Wishes gave me goosebumps and I was looking forward to seeing it again.

And I haven't ever seen Illuminations! :cry: I hope it sticks around until the end of August!

Charmed Kirsty 10 Feb 10 09:14 PM

It will break break my heart . Finger crossed that they don't. Like they say if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Guest 10 Feb 10 09:14 PM

I will be so sad if we can't watch Wishes on our first anniversary - DH and I have watched it 8 times together over two trips, including a Wishes cruise on our wedding night :(