theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   *UPDATED* Abuse On (Non Dibb) Chat Forum (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=793136)

jdybnsn 7 May 14 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingLaura (Post 9593005)
Did you see the link I put above ?

Yes thank you :thumbs-up...but who do I approach ? is it a Police matter ?...or as suggested above, a civil one ?:confused2

Tinks 7 May 14 06:49 PM

How rude of them! I don't know the laws etc but didn't want to read and run ... Hope your ok :-)

ladeh 7 May 14 06:51 PM

Hope your ok, if they have nothing better to do than slag you off online then they must have a very sad life! Keep your chin up and ignore :)

Magicalmoments 7 May 14 06:56 PM

Must have been really upsetting for you, surely the website have rules and regulations which have to be followed, with officials who oversee it.
This silly person is probably trying to get some reaction from you...don't give them one. :wave:

skalexander 7 May 14 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdybnsn (Post 9593240)
Yes thank you :thumbs-up...but who do I approach ? is it a Police matter ?...or as suggested above, a civil one ?:confused2

I don't think you'd get a conviction for something like this - there's so much stuff being posted on the Internet, it's rare for a conviction to be secured on malicious communications. You could take the civil route but obviously I've highlighted the issues with that - plus if the person who is posting hasn't got a penny to their name there is nothing to be gained.

I would contact the website provider and ask them to remove any reference to you, your address, your business etc and if they fail to do so you will be taking legal action. We have done this for a client and the post in question was taken down.

jdybnsn 7 May 14 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skalexander (Post 9593296)
I don't think you'd get a conviction for something like this - there's so much stuff being posted on the Internet, it's rare for a conviction to be secured on malicious communications. You could take the civil route but obviously I've highlighted the issues with that - plus if the person who is posting hasn't got a penny to their name there is nothing to be gained.

I would contact the website provider and ask them to remove any reference to you, your address, your business etc and if they fail to do so you will be taking legal action. We have done this for a client and the post in question was taken down.

Thank you...its so upsetting that complete a stranger can write shocking stuff and not face any consquence whatsoever, and I'm annoyed at the web site not taking a tougher response as they have only deleted the worst references... it still names me and ends with a reference about hoping I hang myself.:mad2:

Gill635 7 May 14 07:14 PM

Oh my god, thats disgusting!

I hope you manage to get something sorted lovely

Gill x

carys 7 May 14 07:23 PM

How can the website moderate it but leave all your details in ? It's so difficult to know what to say without knowing the full story. It seems odd that that information hasn't been removed.

dee slack 7 May 14 09:50 PM

I know this has nothing to do with this site, but could Stu offer any help as the moderator / manager he will know what regulations a mod should adhere to when this sort of thing happens -I'm not explaining myself very well here, does that make sense?

It really makes me see red when these ignorant people can get away with upsetting others for 'fun':mad2:

Guest 7 May 14 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdybnsn (Post 9593341)
Thank you...its so upsetting that complete a stranger can write shocking stuff and not face any consquence whatsoever, and I'm annoyed at the web site not taking a tougher response as they have only deleted the worst references... it still names me and ends with a reference about hoping I hang myself.:mad2:

Goodness me, that's awful!

Is it a well known forum?