theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dubai Booking - Thomas Cook... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133659)

Disney_Mack 19 Jun 19 10:11 AM

Dubai Booking - Thomas Cook...

Hi,

Looking for some clarification...

I booked a trip to Dubai for September back in March, the Facebook advert stated “Ramada Jumeriah Hotel” - I looked it up on Facebook before booking and it looked amazing...this was the Ramada Jumeriah Beach...the only one that came up on my search.

My confirmation came through, saying Ramada Jumeriah Hotel until recently where it’s been coming through almost daily saying I’m staying at the Ramada Wyndham Hotel, which is a lot cheaper than the where I thought I was staying.

The lady at Thomas Cook has said she’ll need to speak to the lady as she has had no dealings with this booking. She’s back in tomorrow... I’m a bit disappointed as I thought we were booked in at the Ramada Beach...

Can I do anything about this? At no time of the booking she said we would be at the Wyndham...

Can anyone offer any advice?

Marie

Lell 19 Jun 19 10:20 AM

If your original confirmation came through saying Ramada Jumeriah Hotel, I assume they would need to honour that. If there is a reason why they are changing hotel, I would have thought you should get a hotel of equal standard.

Disney_Mack 19 Jun 19 10:38 AM

Yeah it was advertised as the Ramada Jumeriah Hotel and my confirmation had came through with that...she said ‘beach’ was never mentioned but not was the Wyndham...

Lell 19 Jun 19 01:07 PM

Just googled it and see there are 2 hotels, Ramada By Wyndham Jumeirah Hotel and Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Hotel so assume you booked the former and assumed it was Beach?

Disney_Mack 19 Jun 19 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lell (Post 13910118)
Just googled it and see there are 2 hotels, Ramada By Wyndham Jumeirah Hotel and Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Hotel so assume you booked the former and assumed it was Beach?

I must’ve but I just find my booking paperwork so confusing, first it was saying one hotel and now the other, why didn’t they originally state that it was one of the above mentioned hotels instead of leaving it quite vague...”Ramada Jumeriah Hotel”

Do you think there’s anything I can do? The reviews seem ok but its not the hotel I thought we were staying at. :erm:

This is what I booked on...

mumx3 19 Jun 19 02:36 PM

Yes it does look like you have booked the Ramada Jumeriah by Wyndham not the Jumeriah beach.

Just looking at reviews, they are very good and both hotels saying 4*,
So much to see in Dubai, im sure you will enjoy it.

floridasgirl 19 Jun 19 02:39 PM

These sort of adverts don't normally state the exact hotel. Theywant you to phone fir the details. I think the advert means Ramada Hotel in the Jumeriah area. If however you had more detailed paperwork when you officially booked, I would be chasing them up.

Rac20 19 Jun 19 08:34 PM

Is it still on the beach? The Wyndham hotel? That would be the main issue for me. The jumeriah beach area is nice so if it’s still on the beach, I wouldn’t be overly concerned.