theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   August 2021 Planning - Will we get there? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1185802)

act1980 28 Dec 20 10:26 AM

August 2021 Planning - Will we get there?

Who else is booked for August?

We booked flights for March when Virgin were doing their crazy cheap sale, we knew they wouldn't go ahead but booked them so we could lock in the price. Virgin cancelled them last week so yesterday we made the decision to change them to August. We really enjoyed it when we visited last year (despite hurricane Dorian making herself known!)

Anyway, I just wondered what peoples thoughts on August are? Will masks still be a requirement at Disney? Will we even be able to travel by then? Will Virgin operate from T3 (I would like to use the UC clubhouse but won't be able to if they're still at T2) Virgin are currently offering 3 direct flights a day but I can see that being reduced to 2. I personally can't see how they will fill 3 planes quite so soon after all this.

I know that no-one has the answers but I'm interested to know what some of you are thinking? I'm hoping that once this vaccine gets up and running properly that things will start to change rapidly! 🤞🏼

mrsbenny 28 Dec 20 10:43 AM

We are booked for end of august. I’ve got my fingers crossed we can go! I have my first dose of vaccine booked in for tomorrow. I am thinking we will probably be able to go with restrictions which is fine with us.

tootsie rolls 28 Dec 20 10:46 AM

10th sept so hopefully things will be back to normal by then , we can only hope .

Littlelufs32 28 Dec 20 11:06 AM

We're booked for 16th Aug.
I'm fairly certain flights will be on by them but I think there will be restrictions still in place.
I can deal with some restrictions but mask wearing will be a deal breaker for us and we've decided to cancel if it's still needed.
As a family of 6 staying on site, we cannot justify the cost for the experience if heavy restrictions are still in place.
We should of gone August this year so I'm hoping things will be better by August but I'm not convinced just yet!

DOFFSTER 28 Dec 20 11:11 AM

We changed from Aug 20, then Oct 20, Mar 21 and now we have 15th Aug 21 so I have everything crossed!

nadya 28 Dec 20 11:11 AM

Fingers crossed,we are booked for 16th August after 3 cancellations so I'm hoping things will be improving by then

TinselAngel 28 Dec 20 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOFFSTER (Post 14767910)
We changed from Aug 20, then Oct 20, Mar 21 and now we have 15th Aug 21 so I have everything crossed!

We are booked to fly 15 Aug as well. Where are you flying from?

I am currently around 80% confident that we will be able to fly. My only doubts are around whether Disney will be normal enough to want to go ahead. This trip is a bit of a splurge for us - UC flights both ways and staying club level at Hard Rock then a fortnight at the Grand Floridian - so we will postpone if it’s likely to be a diminished experience. I’m not as confident on that side of things, but couldn’t put a figure on it right now. The main issue for us is the mask wearing and restaurant availability- don’t mind the park booking so much,though it does limit our usual level of flexibility as we often change our plans even on the day.

pritch 28 Dec 20 11:37 AM

we are there the whole of August, plus 2 x 1 week cruises on th new Mardi Gras

i love the heat and humidity though Susan struggles with that oppressive humidity.
i also like the lightning storms, the rides close n the parks, but if you loiter can get on them and ride twice before Qs form again!

Everything should hopefully be ok by then and heard disney are restarting the park hopping. I think depending how vaccinations go in the USA will dictate masks, however like parts of Asia people may continue to wear them all the time

Just want to get away sat here surrounded by snow, and we should have been sunning ourselves in the canaries that got canx last week !

disneymummy 28 Dec 20 12:48 PM

We’re booked for august and I’m honestly in two minds. It’s not even the masks that puts us off, it’s the unknown regarding vaccines, self isolation on return things like that. It’s not a cheap holiday and I don’t want to spend the next few months stressing over it.

I’m really thinking of pushing it back 6 months till feb 2022. We went in feb this year and had a great time. When I booked the disney part back in June I thought things would be pretty much back to normal, but here we are at Christmas seeing new strains and more lockdowns. I really hope things take a more positive turn, and quickly!

MarkUK 28 Dec 20 12:51 PM

Masks will definitely be required in my opinion, continued park restrictions but flights will be operating although could also be subject to vaccine requirements which I think will come too soon for the under 50s crowd.