theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   New kitchen/utility room progress pics (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1197790)

mitch84 23 Jun 21 12:59 PM

New kitchen/utility room progress pics

Well we moved into our new house on Monday. And the builders have already started this morning

Current dining room becoming a kitchen diner

Excuse the mess

The kitchen is going to look like this

Collecting these sink and taps tomorrow

mitch84 23 Jun 21 01:01 PM

Then the current kitchen is going to be a downstairs toilet, and utility room

Colette-S 23 Jun 21 01:20 PM

Hallelujah! You are in 😍
Looking fab and can’t wait to watch your progress
One small issue - I’m struggling to spot the wine fridge!

BarryandCaron 23 Jun 21 01:22 PM

Looking forward to following.

mitch84 23 Jun 21 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colette-S (Post 15021218)
Hallelujah! You are in 😍
Looking fab and can’t wait to watch your progress
One small issue - I’m struggling to spot the wine fridge!

😂😂 it’s currently on the counter top in the current kitchen/utility

Very empty at the min though 🙈

mitch84 23 Jun 21 01:25 PM

Bottom half of the current kitchen has been emptied in prep for the toilet

Lell 23 Jun 21 09:12 PM

Glad your move went well. II have just started a thread today as we are interested in buying a house and doing similar to you. We would want to move the kitchen to the dining room (same colour of kitchen and worktop😁) and turn the kitchen into an en-suite (if we can knock through) and office. Can I ask if the kitchen price increased by much as no plumbing would be in place in that room?

mitch84 23 Jun 21 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lell (Post 15022041)
Glad your move went well. II have just started a thread today as we are interested in buying a house and doing similar to you. We would want to move the kitchen to the dining room (same colour of kitchen and worktop😁) and turn the kitchen into an en-suite (if we can knock through) and office. Can I ask if the kitchen price increased by much as no plumbing would be in place in that room?

This will the second time we have done this, as we did it in our previous house. It’s not really the plumbing, but the wiring. Often the room needs re-wiring, lights moved around, plastering etc, and then we have always have something structural to sort too. Last house chimney breast this one a gas fire and fireplace. I just collected £900 of screwfix wiring stuff yesterday….

It’s hard as we are on a day rate with our general builder of £150 a day, £140 a day for the plasterer, £80 for the labourer if required (rarely) and our electrician/plumber/joiner of £180. We buy all parts using their discount, the kitchen from b&q etc and they come and do the work.
Our last kitchen cost £2.2k inc appliances, but we had a chimney breast removed, and a new basic bathroom suite inc tiles. 4 rooms plastered. Total cost was £11k
This house the kitchen cost £3.6k with only the oven, hob and extractor as we brought the rest with us.
Bathroom is done, but we’re creating a downstairs toilet, and 6 rooms plus the hall and stairs will need plastering. Total budget is £20k fully decorated, carpets, curtains, blinds etc
We do a lot ourselves and shop around though, and both us and the kitchen fitter are more than happy with the nicer b&q kitchens.

I think it’s defo a piece of string scenario; but really stressful so good luck

magickate 23 Jun 21 10:40 PM

Really pleased you've moved in and plans look great 🙂

Lell 24 Jun 21 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 15022124)
This will the second time we have done this, as we did it in our previous house. It’s not really the plumbing, but the wiring. Often the room needs re-wiring, lights moved around, plastering etc, and then we have always have something structural to sort too. Last house chimney breast this one a gas fire and fireplace. I just collected £900 of screwfix wiring stuff yesterday….

It’s hard as we are on a day rate with our general builder of £100 a day, £100 a day for the plasterer, £80 for the labourer if required (rarely) and our electrician/plumber/joiner of £150. We buy all parts using their discount, the kitchen from b&q etc and they come and do the work.
Our last kitchen cost £2.2k inc appliances, but we had a chimney breast removed, and a new basic bathroom suite inc tiles. 4 rooms plastered. Total cost was £11k
This house the kitchen cost £3.6k with only the oven, hob and extractor as we brought the rest with us.
Bathroom is done, but we’re creating a downstairs toilet, and 6 rooms plus the hall and stairs will need plastering. Total budget is £15k.
We do a lot ourselves and shop around though, and both us and the kitchen fitter are more than happy with the nicer b&q kitchens.

I think it’s defo a piece of string scenario; but really stressful so good luck

Thanks so much, that’s really helpful. I am sure it’s going to look fab once it’s done. We were hoping a top budget of £15000 for the kitchen as with our very rough estimates we reckon about £50000 for everything that needs done. That definitely sounds doable.