theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Photo pass (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132331)

firsttimemouse 9 Jun 19 06:14 PM

Photo pass

Hi

Is it possible to purchase the photo pass we arrive?

Also are there any places other than rides to have photos ?

Thank you.

Animagus 9 Jun 19 09:24 PM

Hi. Some character meets have a photographer present and, occasionally, they put a photographer up near the castle but it is nothing like the WDW photo offerings.

We didn’t get one, so I’m not 100% sure where you can buy it once there, but you definitely can; they advertise it at all the ride photo counters.

Have a great time. :grin:

Guest 10 Jun 19 02:19 PM

You can buy photopass from the ride counters, from all the onsite hotel shops and from the shop on the bottom right of Main St USA :)

firsttimemouse 10 Jun 19 10:01 PM

Thanks guys

Think I might get one. Special mummy daughter trip with my not so little teenager. I want to make sure we have some photos in case we only do this trip once now she’s getting so big.

Gill H 11 Jun 19 05:53 AM

They trialled castle photos for a while but I don’t think it became permanent.

It is basically a few rides and some meets (not all).

When we visited for 4 days over the St David’s Festival we bought one and got about 30 photos including Mickey and Minnie in Welsh costume. We made sure we met lots of characters, which we don’t normally do.

Bear in mind that character meets at DLP are leisurely. Unlike the WDW ‘hug, pose, sign, next!’ method, at DLP they spend a good few minutes with each person, and you are encouraged to have photos with every individual, group and combination in your party. So if there are more than about five families in front of you, be prepared for an hour’s wait.

MrsCullen 15 Jun 19 05:57 PM

Have I interperated this right.. theres no disney photographers on Main street?!

Sarryb 15 Jun 19 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsCullen (Post 13903638)
Have I interperated this right.. theres no disney photographers on Main street?!

From time to time, but I think it's luck of the draw. Sometimes at the castle, sometimes at the gazebo... pot luck, I think...

Gill H 16 Jun 19 12:03 AM

Very rare in my experience. They trialled it but obviously didn’t decide to make it permanent.

In my view unless you are staying several days and are prepared to spend hours queuing for characters, the photopass is not worth the money.

Kenna 16 Jun 19 11:24 PM

We got the photo pass last time we went and it wasn't really worth it, the app isn't very good and quite unresponsive. As mentioned above it's nowhere near as good as WDW.

We stayed onsite and they sold it in the shop and the woman who served me (when I asked why mine wasn't working) said don't worry it's not very good!

Best of trying to find a CM to take a photo for you IMO.