theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Last day ideas... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133022)

dmurray0 14 Jun 19 06:55 PM

Last day ideas...

We have to be out by 10am ( I think) and flight isn't until 8pm. Any suggestions what to do / where to go? Just seen on Facebook a family had their car broken into with all shopping stole while at Longhorn...every window smashed. Sheriff said it's very common, so don't want to leave the car unattended with cases, presents in it. Would Universal carpark be more secure to leave the car?

waiting4disney 14 Jun 19 06:58 PM

I wouldn't leave any luggage on display. Are you in villa or hotel?
If villa maybe ask for late check out.
Hotel ask if you can store the luggage.

dmurray0 14 Jun 19 07:03 PM

Villa, and looking at their site another family in later that day...

tiggers friend 14 Jun 19 08:31 PM

If you are flying with Virgin do Check in at Disney Springs.

dmurray0 14 Jun 19 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggers friend (Post 13902362)
If you are flying with Virgin do Check in at Disney Springs.

Sounds great idea...says on the Virgin site... "Exclusively Free to Virgin Holidays guests." We DIY'ed our holiday and just booked the flight with Virgin, does this cover it too?

GezzasGem 14 Jun 19 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmurray0 (Post 13902473)
Sounds great idea...says on the Virgin site... "Exclusively Free to Virgin Holidays guests." We DIY'ed our holiday and just booked the flight with Virgin, does this cover it too?

I think you can pay $10 per person for this if you didn't book with virgin holidays 🤔

uktigg 14 Jun 19 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmurray0 (Post 13902473)

Free for virgin holidays, upper class and flying club gold. Everyone else is $10 per person as long as u have a direct flight to the uk

Shkyler 14 Jun 19 10:40 PM

Was wondering this too, I was looking at booking a day room as there’ll be 6 of us and yeh luggage will be an issue with at least 6 cases 🙈🙈🙈

Batman1 15 Jun 19 05:41 PM

What are the opening times for the Disney springs drop off and where is it?

tiggers friend 15 Jun 19 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batman1 (Post 13903616)
What are the opening times for the Disney springs drop off and where is it?

It is located near Cirque Du Soleil in the Westside Parking Area, Watermelon Lot, and is open between 08:15 and 13:00.

As OP says it is $10 per head if you are not in one of the free categories. IMO well worth doing as you get rid of your bags, so no lugging them out of the car rental garage and no leaving them in the car.