theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Buying magic band before and first day entry (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1146001)

aqualiv 17 Sep 19 05:37 PM

Buying magic band before and first day entry

Just bought our tickets and linked to my Disney
Dd doesn’t have a magic band yet
Can I get one in the UK?
Just did a search and it doesn’t look like it
Does this mean on our first visit we need to go and get a ticket for her before going in by presenting the will call email and then buy her a magic band in the park?
Also will I need to take all our passports on the first visit to do this?
Thanks

loves2plan 17 Sep 19 05:40 PM

They sell them at the Disney Earport shop at MCO, so that would probably be the easiest option. They sometimes have them at the outlets, and they also sell them at Disney Springs if you wanted to look at either of them after you arrive :)

aqualiv 17 Sep 19 05:42 PM

Omg I love the name of the shop! 😂😂😂
We arrive at midnight so will prob be closed then
Plan on doing AK the next day

Donz1979 17 Sep 19 06:15 PM

Did someone not say that airport shop was closed for refurb?

lyn1 17 Sep 19 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donz1979 (Post 14077894)
Did someone not say that airport shop was closed for refurb?

I think it closed from 29th July and is scheduled to open again in November.

Ritz 17 Sep 19 09:04 PM

You can buy them on amazon and the like

Nimbus 18 Sep 19 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqualiv (Post 14077833)
Can I get one in the UK?

You can't buy them from Disney but you can buy them on eBay. You will be paying noticeably more for them though - primarily because of the postage from the US. As always with eBay, check before you buy to make sure the seller is legit and that you are buying new, unused MagicBands.

As mentioned you can also buy MagicBands from the Disney shop at Orlando airport, from the outlet shops at either end of International Drive, and from Disney Springs. So you don't have to go into a park first. Buying them whilst over there will work out cheaper than buying them online.

Otherwise, yes, you can take the Will Call email to the ticket desks outside a park and exchange it for plastic tickets. Then you can buy the MagicBand inside the park. It's only the lead person who bought the tickets that requires photo ID (I think).

Cazzius 22 Sep 19 11:00 PM

If you're staying at a Disney hotel they will have them at the hotel shop.

We stayed at the Dolphin 2 years ago, bought our Magic Bands at the Earport shop when we arrived at MCO, I added them to our MDE account once I got on the wifi in our room and we were in Epcot watching the fireworks later that night.

The shops at Disney Springs, resort hotel shops, the US ShopDisney website all sell Magic Bands.

If your daughter knows what design she would like, you could have a personal shopper (like WhenYouWishGifts.com) pick up the band for you and deliver it to you after you have arrived that evening.

Or, I seem to recall there is a shop before the ticket gates at Animal Kingdom. If it sells MagicBands you could buy one there and the staff could help you get it set up so you can then use it to get in the park. I don't know if that shop sells them though.

chmurf 23 Sep 19 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 14078228)
You can buy them on amazon and the like

if you want to pay them £40+ or rather twice or three times the price it costs at Disney's (for an already more than overpriced product )

I've just even seen a goofy one selling for £480+ on amazon UK

also never forget that, it's a marketplace item, and you can never be sure the band has not been linked to an MDX account, in which case, your band is useless, as it happened to some buyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazzius (Post 14087847)
If you're staying at a Disney hotel they will have them at the hotel shop.

well, if OP was staying onsite, they would receive free MBs at check in so they wouldn't need to purchase one to begin with :)