theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Apple Watch series 3 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137556)

dgoodrid 19 Jul 19 07:10 PM

Apple Watch series 3

Hi,

I have an Apple Watch 3 (gps) version and was wanting to wear it all day everyday on holiday to count the steps etc... check my heart rate to see how crap scared I am on rides lol.

Now I know it’s water proof to a degree and normal rides and water rides like splash mountain are going to be fine etc... but what about the water parks, typhoon or blizzard, discovery etc.. has anyone else NOT taken them off and they have been fine. ( I understand I might have to take off for dolphin swim as I’ll be holding on the dolphin ) but in general water flumes and wave pools, snorkelling etc...

Thanks
Dave

SMAX 19 Jul 19 07:35 PM

Watch 3 is fully waterproof. I have used mine in discovery cove with the dolphins and even at depth during SeaVenture.

sdrfish 19 Jul 19 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgoodrid (Post 13964633)
Hi,

I have an Apple Watch 3 (gps) version and was wanting to wear it all day everyday on holiday to count the steps etc... check my heart rate to see how crap scared I am on rides lol.

Now I know it’s water proof to a degree and normal rides and water rides like splash mountain are going to be fine etc... but what about the water parks, typhoon or blizzard, discovery etc.. has anyone else NOT taken them off and they have been fine. ( I understand I might have to take off for dolphin swim as I’ll be holding on the dolphin ) but in general water flumes and wave pools, snorkelling etc...

Thanks
Dave

I had my series 3 last time and officially it is only good for 30 minutes in water to depths of 1.5 metres. In my case I have kept it on for longer than that in water gone to depths of 3 metres and it still works. It can be used in salt water but for discovery cove it can’t be used in the dolphin as I was told to remove it. At the water parks it stayed on my wrist at all times on all the flumes, slides and wave pools with no issues.

SMAX 19 Jul 19 07:37 PM

They 100% do allow you to wear them in with the dolphins. They just asked me if it was waterproof. This was three weeks ago.

dgoodrid 19 Jul 19 08:01 PM

thanks both, do u need to put it in water mode first or just let it do it by its self? had the watch over a year but never been in water with it, when been swimming i norm take it off, but might try it before we go in 3 weeks

SMAX 19 Jul 19 08:03 PM

I bought mine especially for swimming. It has a great swimming workout mode. But to answer your question no you don’t have to do anything with it before swimming.

sdrfish 19 Jul 19 08:04 PM

You can put it on water mode if you want I never bothered though and it has never had any issues.

The last update is really good as it can tell what type of exercise your doing without you having to select it manually.

Caroian 19 Jul 19 08:34 PM

All that water mode really does is pushes out water which collects in the speaker which may make sounds appear muffled. You can activate this after you come out of the water to get it to clear any muffling though. The only other thing it does is locks the screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdrfish (Post 13964740)
The last update is really good as it can tell what type of exercise your doing without you having to select it manually.

I've had zero luck with this. In fact, I cannot get my series 4 to register cycling as exercise no matter what I do! Even if I set a cycling work out it will log about 2 minutes of exercise for every half hour of actual pedalling!

GoodWillHerding 30 Jul 19 12:42 PM

has anyone with a apple watch manually activated the workout for walking to track all the movements in 1 day (say at MK) or would the battery not be long enough to show this

Duwsh 30 Jul 19 12:56 PM

I've got a series 2 and I've often worn it in chlorinated water without a single problem, sometimes the water doesn't clear perfectly from the speaker but I just put it back into waterproof mode and back out to clear the speaker again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodWillHerding (Post 13985499)
has anyone with a apple watch manually activated the workout for walking to track all the movements in 1 day (say at MK) or would the battery not be long enough to show this

Honestly I'd just leave it to track itself, it still reads your heart rate regularly and tracks your steps/active calorie burn, so although it doesn't show as a workout it knows you're doing it. I'd worry about the battery doing that.