theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Do I need to take my own coffee? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1136735)

JDT2019 13 Jul 19 10:40 PM

Do I need to take my own coffee?

Staying at WDW Riverside resort, we will have unlimited refill cups, but I like a coffee first thing in the morning, I believe there is coffee in the room, but whats it like? Is it a kettle or a maker and if a maker do you add your own milk, I only like a splash, sorry for sounding so fussy! :)

fizzypop 13 Jul 19 10:47 PM

It’s a coffee maker. From memory they are like big tea bags but with coffee in which you put in the machine. We drink black coffee so can’t help with the milk. Someone else will be along in a bit to add more info.

BevS97 13 Jul 19 10:48 PM

It’s a traditional filter coffee maker. They provide bags of coffee in filters like a large teabag. We don’t mind it but we tend to buy some filters and nice coffee when we are out shopping.

BevS97 13 Jul 19 10:48 PM

Yes you add milk. You get some powdered creamer but we buy milk in the resort shop.

BevS97 13 Jul 19 10:52 PM

This is different to the machine we have had in the past. I don’t think it will accommodate normal filters and coffee. So you’ll have to use the supplied coffee bags.

Floridatilly 14 Jul 19 09:03 AM

We did not like the coffee from the coffee machine in the room, it was weak and rank lol
We also can not drink coffee from a plastic cup (ie the re fill resort cups) so my husbands job every morning was to head the food court with the paper cups provided in the room and get us both a coffee, there are lids for the cups in the food court. The coffee there was lovely and you can add as much milk as you want.

Next year I am going to either ask for a kettle or take a travel one and take our own coffee & coffee mugs because we are trying to be green 👍🏻👍🏻

macadoo 14 Jul 19 08:02 PM

I didn’t like the coffee in the room either, I just walk along to the food court to get one each morning.

beezer 14 Jul 19 08:34 PM

Don't like coffee from plastic mugs so every year we buy some cheap Disney proper mugs from Walmart for our room . After all our trips all the mugs in our house are now Disney!
Except for a couple of Universal ones. No fine China in the house .
We also find the coffee in the room a big weak and not hot enough so we always put the water through twice .

JDT2019 14 Jul 19 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridatilly (Post 13953747)
We did not like the coffee from the coffee machine in the room, it was weak and rank lol
We also can not drink coffee from a plastic cup (ie the re fill resort cups) so my husbands job every morning was to head the food court with the paper cups provided in the room and get us both a coffee, there are lids for the cups in the food court. The coffee there was lovely and you can add as much milk as you want.

Next year I am going to either ask for a kettle or take a travel one and take our own coffee & coffee mugs because we are trying to be green 👍🏻👍🏻

Might get a travel kettle, I like really strong coffee and DH has the latte ones, so I am guessing there is no way to just have not Water without a kettle? I will take my own coffee :)