theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Universal 14 day versus annual pass (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184172)

irnjaw 26 Nov 20 11:13 PM

Universal 14 day versus annual pass

Wondering if it will be worth buying 14 day passes for my family and an annual pass for myself to get use of the free parking.

I know it all boils down to how many times we visit to get the benefit of the free parking after paying extra for the annual pass. Currently Universal aren't selling their 3 park annual passes due to Volcano Bay refurb closure, so I can't see what the prices are to do my sums.

It's likely that - based on previous calculations - we'll probably break even after paying extra and getting free parking. So I just want to know if anyone has gone down this route with their party having 14 day passes AND an annual pass, and was it worth it?

TIA

HappyM 27 Nov 20 06:46 AM

Just be sure the black out dates on the annual pass don’t clash with the dates you want to travel. If they don’t, it’s a great idea.

irnjaw 27 Nov 20 08:35 AM

Thanks. We're travelling in October so the blackout dates don't effect us. Result!

gismo1554 27 Nov 20 12:35 PM

So its easy to calculate - take AP price and 14 day ticket price then guestimate parking at £20 ish and go from there. We worked out we didn't break even but that was because we were staying at a hotel on site anyway as had to pay for parking there. I can't find my spreadsheet with costings on unfortunately but googled and currently the pass with parking is $400 approx and the 14 day ticket is £309 so I guess they are pretty close price wise so probably worth it.

Currently a 14 day is £229 however in black friday sale on attractiontickets.com so would work out cheaper if you are doing any less than 5 trips I think

irnjaw 27 Nov 20 01:06 PM

Its only the Promo ticket that is £229, the explorer is £279, but I think we might just buy 3 14 day passes for now and see what happens later

Thanks everyone

gismo1554 27 Nov 20 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irnjaw (Post 14733643)
Its only the Promo ticket that is £229, the explorer is £279, but I think we might just buy 3 14 day passes for now and see what happens later

Thanks everyone

Also remember only 1 of you would need the AP to get the free parking (assuming ur using 1 car).

irnjaw 27 Nov 20 01:59 PM

Yeah, I'll get the AP if that's what we decide to do. Otherwise we'll just buy a 4th 14 day ticket at a later date

mike4scuba 27 Nov 20 08:22 PM

Also discounts on hotels and food and merchandise

irnjaw 1 Dec 20 05:04 PM

I ended up just buying 4 14 day passes from Orlando Attraction Tickets (OAT). I suppose I could upgrade one at guest services if I fancied it?

DonnaD 1 Dec 20 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike4scuba (Post 14734081)
Also discounts on hotels and food and merchandise

Which are more generous than Disney's.