theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Just myself, oh and a few close friends! Benalmadena Nov/Dec 2019. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1151082)

roxie2001 28 Oct 19 04:53 PM

Just myself, oh and a few close friends! Benalmadena Nov/Dec 2019.

After a lovely break in Benalmadena last December we are returning this year.
Myself, Julie and Matt

Last year I was a cook manager at a school and I broke up early for Xmas so we managed to get a good deal for a few nights.
This year I started a new job as Dd left for uni and I didn’t want to be tied to school holidays anymore. I started full time as a waitress at an all year round holiday resort in August.
Matt found flights for £35 each return, I popped a holiday form in and it was approved so we booked.
A few weeks later my friend Linda said she was looking to go away with her husband Russell around the same time as and I suggested they join us. I gave them the details and they were next to book.
Russell

Linda

Then my sister Steph and another friend Debbie said they would like to come so they booked along with a friend Sandy and are sharing a triple room.

The last ones to add on were our friends Tracy and Paul, they are travelling out 2 days before though.

So our holiday for 2 is now for 9. It will be nice to have company but Matt and I will still go off and do our own thing as well.
We fly out Thursday 28th November until Monday 2nd December.
Flights are with Ryan Air, we will only be travelling with a small bag so won’t have any extra to pay.
We are flying from Stansted and have booked a mini bus there for £30 each.
I booked a private transfer for Russell, Linda, Matt and I before everyone else added on and they have booked their own for £13 each return.
We are staying at the Med playa Bali, the same as last year and paid £366 for a club room all inclusive.

Our plans are Malaga for the Xmas lights and shopping plus some local sightseeing.

Melbatb 29 Oct 19 12:10 AM

It sounds fabulous - and a bit of Spanish sun as winter approaches has to be a big plus!

roxie2001 29 Oct 19 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbatb (Post 14149115)
It sounds fabulous - and a bit of Spanish sun as winter approaches has to be a big plus!

Thanks, it will be nice to have some warm weather.

DisneyDaffodil 29 Oct 19 06:58 PM

Sounds like a lovely escape from the run up to Xmas and a chance to top up the tan from Salou 😀

mobeckwith 29 Oct 19 07:02 PM

oh that's brilliant,i have been looking for a short break in benalmadena for a couple of days earlier,haven't been for years,what is the weather like at that time of year ? x

roxie2001 2 Nov 19 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 14149990)
Sounds like a lovely escape from the run up to Xmas and a chance to top up the tan from Salou 😀

Yes, I am pretty much sorted for Xmas now and can buy a few presents there as well.
I have a slight tan left from Salou lol.

roxie2001 2 Nov 19 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobeckwith (Post 14149997)
oh that's brilliant,i have been looking for a short break in benalmadena for a couple of days earlier,haven't been for years,what is the weather like at that time of year ? x

We went Mid December last year and it was warm enough for shorts in the day, it was cooler in the evening but didn’t need a coat.
Hopefully will be warmer this year.
The harbour is beautiful and the buses are great.

baggers 8 Dec 19 11:52 PM

I’ve been going to Benalmadena for over 25 years now and love it there. Have a great time