theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Florida Escapes Nightmare (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1190489)

Tigerlilly 8 Mar 21 03:13 PM

Florida Escapes Nightmare

Long story short bought our Disney 14 day park tickets and Universal park tickets off Florida Escapes to go in May last year.

They suddenly mothballed themselves, our insurance refused to pay out and our credit card refused to pay out to as we have the tickets in our hand.

On the terms and conditions for Florida Escapes it says you have until this year to use the tickets I think Sept for Disney and possible Dec for Universal (I could be wrong)

We cannot travel this year and Florida Escapes state that you can use your tickets to purchase new tickets at the gates if you can't go this year you just pay the difference in costs.

I contacted universal to ask about this because who is going to travel all that way to the US to check if what they are saying is right? And I got an email back saying sorry the universal tickets we have are not valid as the Florida Escapes have requested a refund on them.

Well, first I've heard, so now I can't use the Universal tickets I have not been refunded any money nor can I transfer them to a 2022 visit. I am now also wondering is this the case with my Disney park tickets and secondly how the heck am I meant to get an answer to this refund issue if Florida Escapes are mothballed.

Anyone else had any joy in this position? I am going to contact Disney so if anyone has a UK ticket number for them that would be great. I am also going to send the email over to my credit card company as surely this is fraud and a breach of their contract.

Never will I ever use this company again it's disgusting how they have dealt with everything. Any advice and help would be appreciated. thanks xx

Daft Vader 8 Mar 21 03:47 PM

Good grief that is horrendous. By mothballed do you mean they’re not responding? Are they on Twitter? I find companies tend to respond to that platform as it’s so public.
Sorry you’re having such trouble.
And thanks for the warning. It will be useful to see which travel companies have responded well to all of this and those which haven’t.

Tigerlilly 8 Mar 21 05:35 PM

Nope not answering on twitter but basically promoting their products on Facebook and twitter.

making49 8 Mar 21 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly (Post 14870248)
Long story short bought our Disney 14 day park tickets and Universal park tickets off Florida Escapes to go in May last year.

They suddenly mothballed themselves, our insurance refused to pay out and our credit card refused to pay out to as we have the tickets in our hand.

On the terms and conditions for Florida Escapes it says you have until this year to use the tickets I think Sept for Disney and possible Dec for Universal (I could be wrong)

We cannot travel this year and Florida Escapes state that you can use your tickets to purchase new tickets at the gates if you can't go this year you just pay the difference in costs.

I contacted universal to ask about this because who is going to travel all that way to the US to check if what they are saying is right? And I got an email back saying sorry the universal tickets we have are not valid as the Florida Escapes have requested a refund on them.

Well, first I've heard, so now I can't use the Universal tickets I have not been refunded any money nor can I transfer them to a 2022 visit. I am now also wondering is this the case with my Disney park tickets and secondly how the heck am I meant to get an answer to this refund issue if Florida Escapes are mothballed.

Anyone else had any joy in this position? I am going to contact Disney so if anyone has a UK ticket number for them that would be great. I am also going to send the email over to my credit card company as surely this is fraud and a breach of their contract.

Never will I ever use this company again it's disgusting how they have dealt with everything. Any advice and help would be appreciated. thanks xx

I'm still in a similar position except FE asked for the tickets back so they could do a refund less 10%. That was done last August! Like you I have had the "mothball" email, not covered by travel insurance and Barclaycard have referred it to Visa. That was 2 months ago so I'm guessing that's a no. Universal couldn't help me either. Florida Escapes have had the money and also have the tickets. I'm not much help but please post if you get anywhere.

Tigerlilly 9 Mar 21 09:02 AM

oh goodness I think we are not the only ones in this boat. I will message if I get anywhere but it's awful. I mean it's not like its a few hundred pounds it's a fair whack of money that people need. Im not sure where to take this next if I don't get anywhere.

lizzie145 9 Mar 21 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly (Post 14870415)
Nope not answering on twitter but basically promoting their products on Facebook and twitter.

their twitter account is dormant too.

I think you need to go back to your credit card and insurance company with the update the the tickets have been cancelled by Florida Escapes who are now holding onto your money

Bulldogmason 9 Mar 21 02:29 PM

We're in exactly the same position!
I emailed TravelBuzz, who they're a part of a few weeks back and got a reply from a guy saying "we may see some staff returning from furlough in May and replying to emails as and when they can and suggested holding on to the tickets for the moment"
So no help whatsoever and no further forward!
I've tried emailing them again and got nothing back! :mad:

Bulldogmason 9 Mar 21 02:33 PM

It enraged me when I saw that they'd been posting on FB and Twitter promoting Universal tickets and stays for next year, asking customers to "send an enquiry and we'll reply"

AlanScotland 9 Mar 21 02:36 PM

Similar here. I cannot get my money back via visa dispute as they have sent me the tickets. I can't speak to anyone at Florida Escapes as they are shut. I'm stuck with £2740 of unused tickets for Disney and Universal. They have made no effort whatsoever to obtain a refund on my behalf.

Tigerlilly 9 Mar 21 05:18 PM

Thats the same as us AlanScotland. I was told by the credit card company to query them again via their online form and screenshot it. If they don't reply by the end of March to send that info to the credit card company again and they will look into it. The fact that Travelbuzz replies with the email saying oh we may have staff in during May is poor form. I believe that Travelbuzz is part of Hays Travel so I may try them but Im not holding out much hope. What is worrying if tickets are being refund requested by them how can you possibly travel with them in the hope that you may be able to a use them this year or b use them next year and pay the difference.