theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Christmas (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Do you decorate upstairs? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184007)

Floridatilly 23 Nov 20 04:05 PM

Do you decorate upstairs?

I am on a roll with my Christmas questions today 🤣

Do you decorate upstairs? My older two children really want us to start decorating upstairs!
To be fair my daughters bedroom is a mess constantly so I don’t know where she could put a tree lol

If you do decorate, what do you have and where do you put it?

evergreen 23 Nov 20 04:27 PM

My kids have always had a little tree in their rooms! It doesn’t matter if other people do, do want you want.

Eeyore rocks 23 Nov 20 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridatilly (Post 14729385)
I am on a roll with my Christmas questions today 🤣

Do you decorate upstairs? My older two children really want us to start decorating upstairs!
To be fair my daughters bedroom is a mess constantly so I don’t know where she could put a tree lol

If you do decorate, what do you have and where do you put it?

Could you say..tidy your room, then you can have a tree. ;) Buddy the Elf brings a tree to my granddaughters room...🎄

Sandra & co 23 Nov 20 05:22 PM

My dd has lights in her room and a tiny tree, she also has photo clips with lights so has lights up all the time. Her bedroom is a mess, sometimes she clears up before Christmas. I used to say santa wouldn’t bring her any presents if she didn’t tidy up, it doesn’t work at 18! 🤣

Hermione 23 Nov 20 05:25 PM

i decorate the stairs because i have a galleried landing and you can see it from the front door so it looks nice as soon as any visitors walk in. i don't decorate bedrooms but i did when i lived at home.

Floridatilly 23 Nov 20 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 14729459)
My dd has lights in her room and a tiny tree, she also has photo clips with lights so has lights up all the time. Her bedroom is a mess, sometimes she clears up before Christmas. I used to say santa wouldn’t bring her any presents if she didn’t tidy up, it doesn’t work at 18! 🤣

My daughter is 17 and it doesn’t work with her either 🤣🤣
She keeps moaning that her room is a mess and it is stressing her out! How does it get that way! Its not fair!
🧐🧐 its a mess because you dump all your clothing on the floor 🧐 not really difficult to understand 🤣🤣

Floridatilly 23 Nov 20 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermione (Post 14729462)
i decorate the stairs because i have a galleried landing and you can see it from the front door so it looks nice as soon as any visitors walk in. i don't decorate bedrooms but i did when i lived at home.

I would love a galleried landing 😍

Gryff 23 Nov 20 06:25 PM

Yes but our house is a very odd shape and now 2 houses in one but I’ve always had Christmas bedding small trees when the boys were small and our gds who paid vets with us age 3 wants to know when his tree and Christmas dinosaurs bedding can go on
I’ve done the tree for one lounge today the mantel etc and will put on Christmas bedding on the first of December
My house currently looks as though the elf’s have had a ball making one all
Mighty mess but by the weekend it will be sorted apart from a couple of things

Mel49 23 Nov 20 08:16 PM

My DD (14) has her pop up tree up, lights round the room and Christmas decorations around the room. She puts her non festive decorations under her bed and her bean bag in the loft to make space. DS (17) has a couple of ornaments and some tinsel and my room has some tinsel round the pictures.

Bootrip2 23 Nov 20 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel49 (Post 14729730)
My DD (14) has her pop up tree up, lights round the room and Christmas decorations around the room. She puts her non festive decorations under her bed and her bean bag in the loft to make space. DS (17) has a couple of ornaments and some tinsel and my room has some tinsel round the pictures.

Love all the festive toys around! X