theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Star Wars style immersive hotel coming to Walt Disney World (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1035296)

Stu 17 Jul 17 11:26 AM

Star Wars style immersive hotel coming to Walt Disney World

4 Attachment(s)
inline imageDisney has announced that it is planning on building a luxury space hotel along with the current Star Wars land expansion: Galaxy's Edge, coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida.

At the weekends D23 Expo, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts chairman Bob Chapek described the new hotel project as "Disney's most experimental concept ever", "It combines a luxury resort with immersion in an authentic environment.”

The hotel will be designed to look like and feel like a massive starship from a galaxy far far away. The views from the hotel's windows will depict scenes from outer space. Guests will be invited to get in to character and immerse themselves in to the Star Wars world.

Chapek explained. Guests wouldn’t wear flip flops and shorts; they’d wear Star Wars costumes. They wouldn’t deal with hotel employees; they’d interact with Star Wars creatures and droids. And over the course of their stay, the story would unfold around them through a series of story moments and interactions, letting them fall completely into a fictional world.

Gav 17 Jul 17 11:49 AM

The hotel itself sounds awesome but I can't imagine staying somewhere and having to be 24/7 in character. It seems too intense to me.

I guess it's why the cater for everyone though!

sha9 17 Jul 17 11:56 AM

I think it sounds fantastic too but also a bit weird. I'd like the idea of it but I agree that I couldn't "pretend" to be a SW character. I'd like it if they offered a less immersive option.

Alien 17 Jul 17 11:59 AM

It probably won't be an issue for me as it will be out of my budget anyway :)

piglet100 17 Jul 17 12:42 PM

So excited for this! I hope it will be like the SW secret cinema x 1000!

deano1212 17 Jul 17 12:51 PM

Cannot wait for this. I'm sure big Star Wars fans will throw themselves 100% into being a character for a few days

sha9 17 Jul 17 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano1212 (Post 12683682)
Cannot wait for this. I'm sure big Star Wars fans will throw themselves 100% into being a character for a few days

Maybe but I think you need to have a lot of self confidence to get involved properly. I think I'd feel a bit silly and awkward.

Guest 17 Jul 17 01:28 PM

Looks amazing. Sounds quite intense. Not sure the experience will be for me but can see if being a huge hit with SW fans.

Gemsie0812 17 Jul 17 02:15 PM

Sounds great but I don't think it would be for me. I like to see daylight when I looked out the window. :erm:

papamouse 17 Jul 17 02:20 PM

if you like it, you'll love it

if you hate it, you'll still go for a nosey around.

win win for Disney.