theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Sausages (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202771)

FlorayG 31 Aug 21 06:52 AM

Sausages

How do you cook them? I've tried frying, grilling and oven cooking and nothing seems to be perfect...maybe I'm using the wrong temperatures. They are either raw inside or burned outside. I need a perfect method please!

TheHughesCrew 31 Aug 21 07:08 AM

I oven cook every time. In a stone. Bung them in for 30 minutes at 180°. Always perfect!

My husband cooks them in the actifry, together with chips. The sausage fat then coats the chips 🤢. But you can only really cook for one with that method...

munmun 31 Aug 21 07:09 AM

Always oven cook, of course BBQ too

munmun 31 Aug 21 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew (Post 15118932)
I oven cook every time. In a stone. Bung them in for 30 minutes at 180°. Always perfect!

My husband cooks them in the actifry, together with chips. The sausage fat then coats the chips 🤢. But you can only really cook for one with that method...

Your husbands way sounds delicious but way too many calories!:)

WhereIBelong 31 Aug 21 07:21 AM

I oven cook on the grill pan so all the fat falls through the bars. If straight from the fridge I do for 5 min longer than it says on the pack.

Never had a problem... other than for my daughter's veggie Richmond which tend to look a bit unappetisingly pink even though they are cooked through.

sassysar 31 Aug 21 08:57 AM

I oven cook but if for a Sossy Sarnie I fry then cut them long ways and fry the middle perfect to fit in a bread bun and nice and crispy

levtweeney 31 Aug 21 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassysar (Post 15119021)
I oven cook but if for a Sossy Sarnie I fry then cut them long ways and fry the middle perfect to fit in a bread bun and nice and crispy

Exactly the same for me, then add butter and brown sauce and good to go.

DISNEYALI 31 Aug 21 09:46 AM

Airfryer with no added oil nice and crispy everytime

Pookie3101 31 Aug 21 10:10 AM

I always oven cook, they take about 20 mins and perfectly cooked inside and out.

wanye 31 Aug 21 03:57 PM

how i cook them depends on the size of the sausage!

thin ones that dont have a lot of fat content to leak out go in a frying pan or under the grill, but thicker sausages usually get done in the oven. i sometimes cook thick sausages in a frying pan or on the bbq, but i usually slice them lengthways to cook them properly all the way through

another tip for camping and dealing with breakfast... cook the sausages on the bbq during your main evening bbq, but undercook them a little, allow to cool, then store in an airtight container in the coolbox until morning, where you can just reheat them in a frying pan on a camp stove.

see also, taking pre-cooked strips of streaky bacon that were done on a baking tray in the oven at home for 10-12 mins. just warm through in the pan when you want to make your breakfast cobs or whatever!