theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   The Trip That Almost Wasn't - The Food Report - September 2017 **COMPLETE** (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1042112)

DisneyDreamer81 18 Aug 17 03:40 PM

The Trip That Almost Wasn't - The Food Report - September 2017 **COMPLETE**

So, with 26 days until we head back to the happiest place on earth, I though I'd set the stage for our 16 (17, if you count the flight home) night food fiesta! We're staying at Yacht Club for 12 nights and then heading off on the Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamian cruise. The pre-trip report is here, if you'd like to know more about our plans. We all know that the food and drinks are the most important element anyway though, right? :spin:

"We" are myself, Helen - 35, lover of peanut butter, buffalo wings, cocktails, gin and cheese in all forms - and my husband Ainge - 33, lover of chocolate milk, meat, craft beer, seafood and all puddings. I did a food report on our Disneymoon in 2015 and loved it, so here I am again! Unfortunately, Photobucket are holding my photos ransom so I need to go back through that report and re-upload all the pictures :cry: EDIT: I've re-uploaded all the pictures, what a mission that was!

I will be doing a proper full trip report too, but am hoping to do this food one "live" while we're there. We'll see how long that lasts ;)

Current plans are:

Aspire/Escape Lounge at Manchester Airport T2
Virgin Atlantic plane food
Boardwalk pizza window
Be Our Guest (lunch)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner)
Typhoon Tilly's
Blaze Pizza
D-Luxe Burger
Columbia Harbour House
Star Wars Dessert Party
Brunch at the Top @ California Grill
O'hana (dinner)
Tangierine Cafe
Food & Wine Festival (there will be a lot of this!)
Wolfgang Puck Express (breakfast)
Pecos Bill
Tusker House (breakfast)
Flying Fish (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Contempo Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner)
Beaches & Cream (lunch)
Sanaa (dinner)
Homecomin' (dinner)

Plus a few more QS to be decided, lots of lovely snack credits to be used, a meal somewhere at CityWalk before our one night at HHN and of course the cruise! We'll probably also head to IHOP at some point because I need those blueberry pancakes back in my life :tongue:

Plans are obviously subject to change depending on stomach capacity, tiredness and our fickle natures ;) However, what is absolutely certain is that there will be plenty of cocktails!

We depart on 13th September so I'll see you back here then! :wavey:

Floridaagogo 18 Aug 17 08:07 PM

Have a lovely holiday.cant wait for the report x

Goldia 18 Aug 17 08:09 PM

Hurrah, my fellow figment fan :thumbs-up

You're plans do look amazing. I'm feeling hungry looking at the list and we just had a curry for dinner!

Some of our favourites in your plan ADRs, and some new ones too, so I'm looking forward to reading this.

The end of the countdown always seems to drag, although saying that the beginning and the middle drags too. I hope you have a brilliant time. :wavey:

Ycryan 18 Aug 17 11:55 PM

Aw yeah, another food report to look forward too. x

firsttimedream 19 Aug 17 02:39 PM

Ooh I'm addicted to these food reports can't wait to read this one (following)

Bobsledwheels 20 Aug 17 09:40 AM

Sounds fab! Can't wait to read all about it :D

Pumba75 20 Aug 17 11:54 AM

Looking forward to this. I can confirm from a few days ago, the IHOP blueberry pancakes are still delicious!

M x

saratogajan 20 Aug 17 01:17 PM

There may not be any cocktails left if you're going to cali grill brunch on 17th as I'm going and will have had them all! Have a great time. We stayed at the yacht club on our first trip without our boys and loved it.

DisneyDreamer81 22 Aug 17 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo (Post 12768719)
Have a lovely holiday.cant wait for the report x

Thankyou! I can't wait to be there and writing it! x

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 12768724)
Hurrah, my fellow figment fan :thumbs-up

You're plans do look amazing. I'm feeling hungry looking at the list and we just had a curry for dinner!

Some of our favourites in your plan ADRs, and some new ones too, so I'm looking forward to reading this.

The end of the countdown always seems to drag, although saying that the beginning and the middle drags too. I hope you have a brilliant time. :wavey:

Hello there, fellow Figment lover! :D

To be honest, I'm so busy at work that it's flying by at the moment! I'm going to start packing this weekend so hopefully that'll make the time fly past even faster :spin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ycryan (Post 12769150)
Aw yeah, another food report to look forward too. x

I loved writing my last one so am hoping I'll be able to keep up with it "live"! x

Quote:

Originally Posted by firsttimedream (Post 12770387)
Ooh I'm addicted to these food reports can't wait to read this one (following)

Thankyoouuu!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels (Post 12772261)
Sounds fab! Can't wait to read all about it :D

I love reading food reports so can't wait to get going on it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumba75 (Post 12772566)
Looking forward to this. I can confirm from a few days ago, the IHOP blueberry pancakes are still delicious!

M x

Aahhh, I'm so glad! They're my absolute faves :inlove: x

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratogajan (Post 12772720)
There may not be any cocktails left if you're going to cali grill brunch on 17th as I'm going and will have had them all! Have a great time. We stayed at the yacht club on our first trip without our boys and loved it.

Haha, yes we are going on the 17th! Depending on what time you're going, there might not be any left for you after I've finished ;)

I cannot wait to stay at YC!

caitlinsmummy 24 Aug 17 04:22 PM

Subscribing! Looking forward to this :D x