theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   120 Years Of Birthdays- Day 2 - Nearly 35? Looking Good 😊 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1045860)

cheekytink 6 Sep 17 09:15 PM

120 Years Of Birthdays- Day 2 - Nearly 35? Looking Good 😊

I blooming love this place. Everything is so photogenic and clever.
Edutainment was a utterly genius concept. I explained to Morgan how the "legs" under Spaceship Earth work as rain collection channels from the geodesic sphere...
he told me I was a geek.
I took it as a compliment!

This was the first day of many in EPCOT center for us, so we took it easy- golf ball, the Land (Millie liked the greenhouses), a snack at Sunshine seasons.
This was the coconut pyramid.
Genuinely I couldn't finish it. The base was about 8cm across and it was dense sweet shredded coconut, blended with what I can only assume was condensed milk! Utter heaven but just a bit too big!

Morgan chose the chocolate mouse sandwich, and couldn't wait for me to take the photo (a bit of a theme... ).
It was very rich and "claggy ".
I'm not a fan of chocolate desserts, but he is and it didn't last long so I can only assume it was good!

Choc chip muffin was Millie's choice. It was big and very tasty but she ended up sharing it. Too much for a 4yr old!

Autograph book purchased, we happily got in line to meet Pluto...
however, no cuddles were given and the book and pen were given at arms length.
Still... slowly slowly catchy monkey...

All I can say is, I NEARLY said yes, until I considered how we would get it home.
Teenagers!

So this was pretty much as close as she would get... working on it though! He big brother also got a book so they could compete for autographs- he wanted to encourage her to get furry cuddles too.

She touched him! Woohoo...

We decided to quit whilst we were winning and headed to Norway (via The 3 Caballeros ride) for our Akershus ADR.
Never having done princess meals etc, it was fun to see how excited Millie was.
This Belle was the most beautiful and wonderful Belle I have ever met. She was engaging and really focused on each little girl. Millie was utterly transfixed.

They discussed books and reading.

No problems with cuddles here.

Happy little person.

Aurora is Millie's favourite princess. I personally think that she sometimes looks like a chap in drag, but not today. Aurora was kind a funny. Very good interaction.

Smorgasbord starter at Akershus was excellent. Salads, cold meats and cheeses, salmon, and lots of accompaniments. All fresh and tasty.

I went for the traditional meatballs with mash and lingonberry sauce.
Looked ... uninspiring.
Tasted... amazing. Thumbs up Norway.

Dan had pork on polenta with a redcurrant sauce. The meat was soft and cooked well, again tasty.
I can't stand polenta. Even in Disneyworld.

Millie's kids meal- grilled chicken, rice and green beans. Her perfect meal and it was absolutely big enough for an average adult!

Too much food, and I forgot to photograph the massive sharing desert platter we also had.
Well played Norway, good effort.

After lunch we decided to have a slow walk out and head back to OKW for a swim. On the way out we came across this character interaction-
Professor Honeydew and Beaker! Never seen them before and they were very funny... just around Fountain of Nations area.

After our swim we headed into Disney Springs- we haven't been here for 2 years and my goodness it has changed!
We had a good QS meal at Wolfgang Puck's and then discovered the well documented glory of Amorette's patisserie.

Nothing seemed to count as snack credits sadly, but we had to try these cakes- they were so pretty!
Dan chose an eclair that got its own little box and case!

Millie chose the "Mickey Mousse" which is a choc centre with a white choc mousse covered in this uber glossy red exterior.
Honestly- it's stunning.

I chose a limey/cheesecake thing which was nice but I like my citrus to be sharp and sour. This was all a bit too sweet.
The cakes are beautiful but for me, look better than they taste.

Jake71 7 Sep 17 09:06 AM

Some nice looking snacks. EPCOT is such a good day.

app 7 Sep 17 01:55 PM

New Photo Added by cheekytink - 7 Sep 17 1:55 PM.

mick 7 Sep 17 04:17 PM

The cakes do look good :spin:

Joan :wave: