theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Seven Dwarfs In WDW: Day 1 (Travel) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1046822)

greggo6 12 Sep 17 05:55 AM

Seven Dwarfs In WDW: Day 1 (Travel)

Hi all.

Well our journey begins... after a tense few days of flight cancellations and will we / won't we go, we are on our way to Manchester airport for the 10:30 flight to Orlando.

Can't believe how massive the impact has been in so many places due to Irma. My heart goes out to all those who have lost their homes / businesses.

Just crossed the Pennines into the 'dark side' and it's raining, of course! 😉

Introductions.

There are seven of us heading over to Orlando, hence the title!

Me: Ben (aka Dopey) and chief planner
Lorraine (aka Bashful)
Martin (aka Sneezy)
Fiona (aka Doc)
Stuart (aka Grumpy)
Laura (aka Sleepy)
Dom (aka Happy)

We are staying in WDW resort but in different resorts. 3 of us are in Saratoga Springs then moving to Polynesian Village resort and the other 4 of us are in Port Orleans Riverside.

Just having breakfast in the Spinning Jenny at Manchester Airport.

Security was quite busy but luckily we had FastTrack so we're through in 10 minutes.

Waiting in the departure lounge. About to start boarding... I hate this bit! 😉

We are now on board the plane waiting for take off.
See you in 9 hours.

Had a good meal on the plane.

And a nice cuppa 👍🏻

Ahhhhh that view, here at last.

Driving to the resort there is a bit of flooding and some damage to shop/restaurant signs. The biggest impact is to the trees, there is still a lot of debris on many roads / paths (sidewalks!)

Checked into Saratoga Springs.
Really easy check in and got the room request too, wasn't expecting this due to the disruption but Disney have pulled it out of the bag again.

We came to D-Luxe burger for our first American / Disney meal.
Wow, as good if not better than last year.

Really tired now, were off to bed and shopping tomorrow.

jools1302 12 Sep 17 07:37 AM

Its great that you're getting away... have an amazing time 😊

Mental Minnie 12 Sep 17 08:06 AM

Glad you are on your way. Safe trip. Looking forward to updates.
Have a fab holiday.:wavey:

mick 12 Sep 17 10:10 AM

Have a good flight and a great holiday :spin:

Joan :wave:

jo_usa 12 Sep 17 10:56 AM

Have a safe flight and fab holiday xx

app 13 Sep 17 01:28 AM

New Photo Added by greggo6 - 13 Sep 17 1:28 AM.

Jake71 13 Sep 17 02:02 PM

A great start in the circumstances, good that Disney could give you your room request. Have a great time.

2littleboys 13 Sep 17 02:15 PM

Glad you have arrived safely, well done Disney for turning things around so quickly. If you don't mind me asking what area did you request at SSR, I submitted a Touring Plans request for The Paddock.

greggo6 13 Sep 17 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2littleboys (Post 12834876)
Glad you have arrived safely, well done Disney for turning things around so quickly. If you don't mind me asking what area did you request at SSR, I submitted a Touring Plans request for The Paddock.

Hi.
I asked for Ground floor at the Grandstand section.
We always stay at the Grandstand in SSR as for us it is the best area, has its own pool, short walk to the Carriage house and first drop off on the bus

greggo6 13 Sep 17 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2littleboys (Post 12834876)

Hi.
I asked for Ground floor at the Grandstand section.
We always stay at the Grandstand in SSR as for us it is the best area, has its own pool, short walk to the Carriage house and first drop off on the bus