theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   DDP costs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1047013)

mulv2222 13 Sep 17 12:22 PM

DDP costs

I've done a search but can't find the info...

We have a 5 night dvc booking next month at Boulder Ridge. Can anyone tell me how much it is to add DDP per person per night? All classed adults. Many thanks 😊

WDWMAD 13 Sep 17 12:29 PM

The only way I do it is go through the Disney Travel Company website as though I am making a booking and then see how much it is to add the Dining Plan on as an extra.

YorkshireT 13 Sep 17 01:23 PM

With DVC it has to be bought via DVC website and paid in $. It is extremely poor value at $67.33 per adult for standard plan this year (goes up to 70 odd in jan). Try to think realistically how you'd eat and go on distripplanner dot com. Most people would save a lot paying out of pocket. Most DVC owners do not bother with dining plan.

dor1 13 Sep 17 01:34 PM

Anyone know why disney make you book the DDP for the entire lenght of your stay?
I wouldnt mind booking for maybe 3or 4 days but not 2 weeks.

WDWMAD 13 Sep 17 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dor1 (Post 12834758)
Anyone know why disney make you book the DDP for the entire lenght of your stay?

I guess it's a bit like going All Inclusive or Half Board at other resorts?

KarenG 13 Sep 17 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dor1 (Post 12834758)

Because members "abused" it when there was no restriction.

Dor1, the way around it is to book a split stay and just add it to the bit you want it for.

Personally I could never make it financially viable to pay for it.

dor1 13 Sep 17 03:15 PM

How could it be abused,surely if you paid for 3 days that would be what you are getting?
Having looked at prices for next year i think we would struggle to justify it anyhow.
Will look ito TIW card i think.

mulv2222 13 Sep 17 04:41 PM

Thanks everyone. Id heard that due to the poor exchange rate that I'd you could add in £"it works out well - guess that's only for UK travel agent bookings.. 😕

WDWMAD 13 Sep 17 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dor1 (Post 12835000)
How could it be abused,surely if you paid for 3 days that would be what you are getting?
Having looked at prices for next year i think we would struggle to justify it anyhow.

I think instead of paying for table service meals like Cinderella's Royal Table at around $65-$80 each you could pay for the Dining Plan for a day instead and get a Quick Service, Snack etc. as well?

KarenG 13 Sep 17 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dor1 (Post 12835000)

The perceived "abuse" (deliberate use of inverted commas!) was because people were buying odd nights here and there and stretching them over their stay.

You could reasonably say that they were still only using their entitlement, just over a different period, but I imagine WDW viewed it differently! I also wonder if it was an admin nightmare?