theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thomas cook - thoughts (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142474)

choccielover 21 Aug 19 04:13 PM

Thomas cook - thoughts

We flew with TC for the first time this holiday, just DD and I and though I have no major complaints, I think it’s the last time for us.

We flew to Spain for a long weekend earlier in the summer, there with Jet2 and back with Ryanair and I have to say that the seats on both those flights were far superior than those on the TC flight. Though there is quite a bit of leg room, I think this is partly due to the seats being so small...they were like bus seats. I looked at the premium seats and to be honest they didn’t look great either so I didn’t bother upgrading for the flight back and DD did manage 6 hours sleep (cramped up against me sitting on the edge of my seat) though every time I dropped off the stewards woke me to try to sell me drinks or duty free.

The entertainment is ok, the upgrade a bit of a rip off but you do get a lot of extra films and tv series to access.

I don’t drink on flights but paying £2 for a bottle of water was a little annoying.

So overall not unpleasant but not one I’d repeat even if the price was cheap I think

baboons 21 Aug 19 04:21 PM

I think TC is very good value, but I'll choose my next flights based on a combination of many different things - their lack of IFE isn't one, as I'd rather take my own.

As planes are refurbished or new stock bought, you'll find these thinner seats everywhere. It's a way to give slightly more room but still cram as many people in as possible

I agree £2 is steep for water, but if the flight comes in £50-£100 cheaper than another airline, at least you can make a fair comparison. Nothing is 'free' on other airlines, you've just paid for it in the price. We all make these calls every time we buy.

Nedsram4 21 Aug 19 04:35 PM

Each to there own but I love Thomas cook hope they stay around as I love flying with them always good value

WhereIBelong 21 Aug 19 04:52 PM

just prevented DD from changing her sterling to euros for her holiday in TC - in store rate was virtually Euros for pounds - would have got 4p back from £200 for 200Euros. Rip off...

Nimbus 21 Aug 19 05:00 PM

For short haul flights I agree that the likes of Jet2 are better. They are usually cheaper and provide a better service.

Unfortunately Jet2 don't fly to Orlando. TC tends to be a lot cheaper than Virgin whenever I've looked. Hence, to Orlando, we'll fly with TC.

itsmeGAV 21 Aug 19 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baboons (Post 14028233)
As planes are refurbished or new stock bought, you'll find these thinner seats everywhere. It's a way to give slightly more room but still cram as many people in as possible

I dread to think of what people will say when they replace the VA 747 fleet with the A350's with skinny seats.. :pgig:

MENTALMUM 21 Aug 19 05:50 PM

We love Thomas cook, fly to Orlando all the time with them. They may not have the best entertainment in economy but it is a nominal fee to upgrade, all airlines food leaves a lot to be desired and I think Thomas cook us better than done. I have no issue with the seats and find the staff really attentive. You can always take water with you, I think you will find it is the same price in whsmith in the airport but from what I save on the cost of the flights I would have no problem paying for a bottle or two of water. I am just happy I have found an airline that meets my family's needs at a great price.

Quensabob 21 Aug 19 06:43 PM

I have never had a problem with Thomas Cook more bodies on flights is better for the environment and the seat pitch has never been aproblem for my 6ft 2 husband,£6 is nothing to pay to upgrade the ife and the saving direct compared to virgin wins it for me!
I also find the FA on Virgin rude and uninterested where as the FA on Thomas Cook have always been lovely!

LadyAurora 21 Aug 19 07:21 PM

That's a shame OP, we flew Thomas Cook and loved the whole experience.

Guest 21 Aug 19 08:12 PM

I was looking at TC flights this week to Orlando as they seem pretty cheap, my concern is if I book for next year will they still be around...