theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Anyone Else Booked for Disneyland early 2021 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1181548)

LDISNEYFOX 12 Oct 20 08:42 AM

Anyone Else Booked for Disneyland early 2021
 
Getting very nervous now about our surprise trip which I canít see happening!

We are booked for 18 March and just donít know our chances! Anyone else booked for early 2021 ?

Willeve 12 Oct 20 10:46 AM

Iíve book Vegas for Easter, just keeping my fingers crossed.

mason1 12 Oct 20 04:55 PM

Weíre booked to go 2 April. As each week passes, I get less optimistic of it happening. We are also due to go to New York on 28 December - will probably pull the plug on that one in the next few weeks.

Fortunately, both trips booked with BA, so will take a voucher for the deposits and see what later next year brings.

Vertigo 13 Oct 20 09:18 AM

Interesting thread. We were due to go on the 24th of this month and we are strongly considering booking for easter instead.

But i was one of those that never thought our October trip would be cancelled. I just couldn't see it. How wrong was i?

We have priced up and have a holiday on hold with BA right this second for easter. Its actually a little cheaper than what we booked in October!

But even their book with confidence guarantee comes with strings and inconvenience - so i am reticent.

Even though i am am ultra optimistic person and think it will all be OK soon, (not getting in to personal views on Corona!) I was wrong before, so i am just so uncertain of pressing the button and booking.

So I understand your nervousness for March.

LDISNEYFOX 13 Oct 20 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willeve (Post 14676516)
Iíve book Vegas for Easter, just keeping my fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed by April it will be more under control.

LDISNEYFOX 13 Oct 20 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mason1 (Post 14677139)
Weíre booked to go 2 April. As each week passes, I get less optimistic of it happening. We are also due to go to New York on 28 December - will probably pull the plug on that one in the next few weeks.

Fortunately, both trips booked with BA, so will take a voucher for the deposits and see what later next year brings.

Yes I am booked for March 14th and can see us betting vouchers too. Want to reschedule for October for there are no dates out yet!

LDISNEYFOX 13 Oct 20 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 14677868)
Interesting thread. We were due to go on the 24th of this month and we are strongly considering booking for easter instead.

But i was one of those that never thought our October trip would be cancelled. I just couldn't see it. How wrong was i?

We have priced up and have a holiday on hold with BA right this second for easter. Its actually a little cheaper than what we booked in October!

But even their book with confidence guarantee comes with strings and inconvenience - so i am reticent.

Even though i am am ultra optimistic person and think it will all be OK soon, (not getting in to personal views on Corona!) I was wrong before, so i am just so uncertain of pressing the button and booking.

So I understand your nervousness for March.

Iím not sure how the vouchers work with BA so I hope any strings attached donít cost us! I canít see March happening, but because if travel restrictions but because Disneyland will only accommodate American citizens in?

Already rescheduled once and I really thought pushing it forward a year it would all be fine!

Beth_Disney 13 Oct 20 12:10 PM

We're booked to go to Vegas over New Year and LA/Disneyland in February. I would prefer for BA to cancel so I can request a refund but if not I'll take the voucher to use later in the year.

I can't see either trip going ahead though. Vegas is quite expensive so I don't really want to spend that amount of money for a lesser experience.

Vertigo 13 Oct 20 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX (Post 14677992)
Iím not sure how the vouchers work with BA so I hope any strings attached donít cost us! I canít see March happening, but because if travel restrictions but because Disneyland will only accommodate American citizens in?

Already rescheduled once and I really thought pushing it forward a year it would all be fine!

exactly - its the unknown isn't it? Even if we are allowed back in to the USA and Disney, warner/universal re-open - what restrictions will be in place?

With BA - they seem clear and fair but my real fear is when restrictions are lifted, prices will rocket and you are trapped using BA because you have a voucher.

minnie52 14 Oct 20 12:51 PM

We are booked for February - I am less hopeful every day that it will be happening.

We have booked a flydrive with Virgin (rescheduled from another cancelled trip) so we can change it but we would want to change to end of next year so hoping once flight prices come out for then, fly drive prices might drop.

Even if borders are open, who knows what restrictions will remain in place in California, maybe I'd be best to bite the bullet and change.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.