theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Waiver update (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1182060)

JasonErpelding 20 Oct 20 04:40 PM

Waiver update

The waiver changed again. I think this waiver is perfect. You can use the waiver for all resorts purchased resale. It works for the original 14 resorts and for Riveria. Of course, the conspiracy theories have started but I think Disney finally got it right.

10/20/20

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as certain discounts, offers, and special events. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Depending on the Home Resort where a resale purchaser owns their ownership interest, some or all of the other Disney Vacation Club Resorts are not available for reservations for Disney Vacation Club Members who do not acquire their ownership interests directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

10/1/20

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

8/11/20

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 16 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

8/5/20

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Disney’s Riviera Resort or Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Resorts.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®

YorkshireT 21 Oct 20 12:43 PM

Agreed they can use that one if they don’t change anything else until Copper Creek ends.

skstorm 21 Oct 20 10:48 PM

I know I may be being a bit stupid here but this part isn't over clear to me

Depending on the Home Resort where a resale purchaser owns their ownership interest, some or all of the other Disney Vacation Club Resorts are not available for reservations for Disney Vacation Club Members who do not acquire their ownership interests directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

When it says some or all are not available - is that not a bad thing?

YorkshireT 22 Oct 20 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skstorm (Post 14688614)
I know I may be being a bit stupid here but this part isn't over clear to me

Depending on the Home Resort where a resale purchaser owns their ownership interest, some or all of the other Disney Vacation Club Resorts are not available for reservations for Disney Vacation Club Members who do not acquire their ownership interests directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

When it says some or all are not available - is that not a bad thing?

Some is Riviera and any they build in future, if you are buying the points after the restrictions came in.

All is if you buy Riviera itself or any future resort resale.