theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   All shows cancelled & cast let go! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1182477)

EmmaBolan 28 Oct 20 09:21 AM

All shows cancelled & cast let go!

Haven't seen this posted anywhere else, woke up this morning to a message from my friend - all shows have been cancelled and entertainers all laid off, this list is endless:
Festival of the Lion King
Nemo the Musical
Hoop De Doo
Beauty and The Beast
Citizens of Hollywood & Main Street
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Mickeys Royal Friendship Faire
the list goes on...

:cry::cry::cry:

We were holding on before changing our February booking but this has made my mind up. I don't want to go even if we could and I never thought I'd say that about Disney :(

EDIT: Just to say sorry if it wasn't clear, all shows haven't been on since parks reopened but cast were on furlough. This latest piece of news suggests the shows won't be back for the foreseeable!

aqualiv 28 Oct 20 09:28 AM

Is this a new development then?
I thought the shows hadnít been on since parks reopened?

auralerb 28 Oct 20 09:33 AM

Itís a new development in the sense that the cast were on furlough, not sacked. Them letting so many cast members go suggests that the shows arenít coming back for a long time, if at all.

aqualiv 28 Oct 20 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auralerb (Post 14695641)
Itís a new development in the sense that the cast were on furlough, not sacked. Them letting so many cast members go suggests that the shows arenít coming back for a long time, if at all.

Ah I see

BevS97 28 Oct 20 09:46 AM

Weíve booked flights for next summer. Starting to think it was a mistake :(

Donz1979 28 Oct 20 09:55 AM

Ahhhh no im booked for October 21, no shows, no fireworks 😭 surely things have to be better by then

EmmaBolan 28 Oct 20 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donz1979 (Post 14695663)
Ahhhh no im booked for October 21, no shows, no fireworks 😭 surely things have to be better by then

I've a second trip booked for Sept 21 with a friend and she's never been before so I want her to have the full experience :( If it's not going to be the same with shows/fireworks, I'm going to suggest we reschedule that trip too!

Icey 28 Oct 20 10:23 AM

Oh no 😢 all these shows are what makes Disney. Itís going to be like any other theme park at this rate. Hope they bring them all back.

RockTheDots 28 Oct 20 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icey (Post 14695708)
Oh no 😢 all these shows are what makes Disney. Itís going to be like any other theme park at this rate. Hope they bring them all back.

I agree, great entertainment is what sets Disney apart from other theme parks. The shows and fireworks are usually the highlights of our trips. I understand they can't do them at the moment but was hoping they would return - just hope they don't think "well people are still happy to pay to come without entertainment so maybe we don't need it".

I feel so sorry for all the amazing cast members losing their jobs.

aprilshack 28 Oct 20 12:04 PM

So all there is going to be are the rides in essence? Way to go Disney. Are you going to lower the ticket prices or giving a part refund of my package since there is going to be a hell of a lot less going on. Bob Chapek has a lot to answer for. If the aim is for an average experience they are going the right way about it.