theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 3 Greek (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1075669)

scottishnellie 18 Apr 18 08:09 AM

Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 3 Greek

I woke with my alarm at 8:55 again and booked the Greek restaurant for 7pm. We like to book the earlier sitting and being outdoors again this is quite important as the later it is the cooler it gets.

I woke Hannah who had agreed to go to breakfast with Emma so she got up and of they went, with Dianne catching them up to join them. They had pancakes and waffles and chocolate spread to their hearts content then Hannah came back to the room and went back to bed. Dianne went up to the garden pool and got us some beds there. This is one of the heated ones so we knew Emma would be able to play in there all day. I joined her soon after leaving Hannah in bed to sleep off her sugar coma after all that chocolate. It was a gorgeous 26 degrees today

I even had a dip in the pool at one point to cool down. And trust me it has to be really hot to tempt me into the pool. Even the heated one. It's not hot, just heated a tiny bit so its not freezing. You still have a wee sharp intake of breath getting into it but it's lovely once you are in.

When it got to lunchtime Hannah and I decided to try the adult restaurant upstairs as Di and Emma were not going til later. It was lovely. Same buffet options but decorated a bit more high class and fancy. So quiet too.

They also had a street food fayre down by the pier today which is like a big BBQ party so after lunch we wandered down there for a nosey. We had eaten at this with the boys last year and it was lovely

We also had a walk out on the pier and around the adult pool, and adult bar and restaurant.

We stopped at the hairdresser to ask about braids as Hannah fancied a few at the side of her head. We booked Hannah in for 5:30. When we got back to the garden pool I showed Emma some pics of the designs available that I had taken from his wee book and she decided she fancied a Half head too. So we agreed Hannah would take her with her and see if they would squeeze her in.

We stayed at the garden pool til about 3 when it starts to lose the sun. Hannah and I headed back to the main pool leaving Di and Emma as Emma was still playing in the heated pool and understandably didn't want to move to the unheated one. There we stayed til 4:15 when Hannah went back to the room to shower and I detoured to the patisserie. While I was having my latte and reading my book Andrew video called me saying he had just video called Dianne at the garden pool. We had a chat for a few mins. He is clearly bored already. Remember I explained one of the main reasons for this whole split holiday thing is that Andrew is a people person so needed someone to go away with. He is just not happy on his own!

Finished the call and whatsappd Dianne. You can see from this exchange why we are besties!

So we caught up in here and sank a few Pina Coladas

While the girls headed to the hairdresser for their braids.

While in reception we spoke to guest relations and booked the Italian and the steakhouse, the the Turkish for in between. Thus fulfilling my cunning restaurant master plan

Headed back to the room and got ready for dinner. Still in jeans as again we would be outside for the Greek restaurant. Now as you know I am always freezing and in April it is really quite chilly outside at night. The hotel have only just started opening up the outside restaurants as the season is just starting. So I really struggled with trying to decide outfits to take that looked dressed up but were warm enough. I have a wee secret. When I am wearing Jeans in these pictures I actually have a pair of leggings underneath them. And I also have a thick skin tight t shirt under the tops! You cant see them so nobody would ever know but it helps keeps me warm along with a cardi or fleece to cover my arms when the sun goes down.

We walked up to the Greek restaurant, taking some pics along the way. This was the nicest one so far. Very atmospheric with twinkly lights and live music being played. The food was delicious with a range of different starters, and salads then Dianne and Hannah had lamb shank, I had chicken in lemon garlic sauce and Emma had burgers.

The waiter Thomas was a good laugh in here. We FaceTimed Andrew then Kevin halfway through the meal so we could show them around and they could see and hear the band. We couldn't hear anything they were saying back to us because of the music but it was good for them to see us.

There was lots of dancing and napkin throwing as dinner came to an end. Great fun. For dessert they brought a couple of different things plus a chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, orange and apple to dip in. The girls scoffed the strawberries first so we asked for more and they brought a good plateful for them.

When we finished dinner we made our way back into the hotel and downstairs for the entertainment. The kids entertainment was just finishing and it was the Madagascar characters that were on stage. When they started taking photos with the kids Hannah jumped up for a couple of photos to send to Kieran as she knew he would think it was hilarious. Which Kevin told me later he did. He loves Madagascar.

Then it was the main show which was a Michael Jackson show tonight. Basically just lots of dancers reenacting the videos. The costumes and dancers were good so I enjoyed it. While in here Hannah met a girl her own age called Julieanna and palled about with her a wee bit.

Then we spent the rest of the night out in the lobby bar with our cocktails. This bit gets a bit repetitive doesn't i? But it was great for us if boring for you!

On the way home we stopped at the all night restaurant and picked up some chicken wraps and chips to take back to the room. A cheek considering how much we had eaten earlier but hey ho. We were in bed around 1am.

app 18 Apr 18 08:26 AM

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 18 Apr 18 8:26 AM.

margyloveswdw 18 Apr 18 10:41 AM

Another great day :D

Jake71 18 Apr 18 12:31 PM

The hotel sounds amazing and the good looks delicious.

mick 22 Apr 18 12:35 AM

A good day with nice food

Joan :wave:

codym 4 May 18 12:10 PM

The hotel looks gorgeous. Greek restaurant sounds great too, I love Greek food. Pina coladas are my favorite cocktail when made nice & creamy, hate getting a watery one. Those ones look yummy :tongue::D

Jakey Neverland 6 May 18 08:27 AM

Fantastic food and another lovely chilled day.