theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Day 7. Villa Chillin' - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Florida Trip Report (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=947285)

scottishnellie 18 Apr 16 01:19 AM

Day 7. Villa Chillin' - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Florida Trip Report

This will the shortest day I have ever written, as we did absolutely hee-haw today. And it was magic!

We spent a good couple of hours in the games room last night playing pool and playing golf and bowling on the wii wall. It was great fun and nice and relaxed with a beer for Kevin, wine for me, and snacks and drinks for the kids. We went to bed about 11pm and I jumped up into my princess and the pea sized bed. Wow it's comfy!

I woke at 4am, but managed to go back to sleep until 7am. Yee-ha! That's like a normal nights sleep! I got up and messed about making a cup of tea, opening all the blinds sorting out washing from the dryer etc. It was nice to be able to move about doing things instead of the creeping about in the dark as I have done every other morning while we shared hotel rooms.

Kieran surfaced just after 8am and came looking for cereal. Pretty much as soon as he finished this he had his swimming trunks on and we were taking the cover off the pool. Kevin got up about 8:30. Kevin isn't very good at doing nothing, or amusing himself and by 9:30 was already pacing about talking about going to the shops today. I on the other hand was determined I was sitting beside that pool, in the sun, reading my kindle. So I told him he could go if he wanted but this wummin was not moving. He eventually decided he would lie by the pool in the morning but might go out in the afternoon.

Kieran was a bit lost without his sister at first but split his time between the PlayStation and the pool until she got up.

We had decided to let Hannah sleep as long as it took for her to wake up. She was clearly exhausted yesterday and needed to let her wee body recharge. She eventually woke at 11:30, by which time the rest of us had already been sunbathing at the pool for a good couple of hours. The sun started to hit the pool about 9am and was in full sun by 10:30. It stayed that way all day until the sun started to go down behind the fence at 7pm. But of course in the summer months this would be much later as the sun will be higher.

We moved the music stand from the living room to just outside the door so we could hear the radio without having it blasting out inside the house.

And that was it. We just lay there all day. Kevin drove up to Publix at one point to pick up more bread and some Malibu and cranberry for me for later. And I face timed my mum and dad and gave them a tour round the villa. I read an entire book today. Bliss! Hannah played in the pool with Kieran and when he went for a go on the PlayStation she would FaceTime her friends back home.

Kevin eventually settled once he had been lying in the sun a while so contented himself that he wasn't going far.

It got to 6:30pm and we hummed and hawed over whether to go out for dinner or get a takeaway. This was decide for us when the kids point blank refused to leave the pool. Take away it is then!

Kevin just went to a Chinese we had seen up the road called 126 Chinese and got a Chinese chicken curry with rice and a sweet and sour chicken with rice. We shared this along with the rest of the chicken from last night.

It is now 8:30pm and the kids are splashing about in the pool with the light on that changes colour. I will add a few photos of that later as it gets darker and has more effect.

So it has been a chilled day in the sun which was just what we all needed.

Over dinner the others have decided they want out again tomorrow. It's another free day on the planner so there are a number of options. Shopping, water park, Disney Springs. We will wait and see.

Night all, Helen xx

Kevin and I had a go in the hot tub while the kids were in the pool. Magic!

Came in about 9pm for showers etc. I am a massive fan of the Diana Gabeldon books and so watched the outlander series last year. The new series has just started so we looked at the tv to see if we can get it.

Series 2 is there with the first 4 episodes but when we try to watch them it asks for a 4 digit parental control pin. I am so gutted! We checked everywhere in the house folder but the tv instructions seem to be for an older system, and there is definitely no PIN number noted anywhere. So close, but no Outlander for me 😥

app 18 Apr 16 02:23 AM

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 18 Apr 16 2:23 AM.

Floridarules 18 Apr 16 06:42 AM

Absolutely love 'pool days'-
Sound divine😄😄

margyloveswdw 18 Apr 16 06:45 AM

Sounds like a lovely relaxing day.

BriarRose 18 Apr 16 06:48 AM

You all needed a chilled day to recharge your batteries. Enjoy !

JoJo88 18 Apr 16 06:57 AM

What a lovely relaxing day, sounds like it was just what you needed, especially Hannah.

When we used to go all out and do all the parks, Simon used to be the one begging for a rest day but then within a couple of hours he'd be bored and wanting to go out!

Hope you have fun today whatever you end up doing, and I hope your day starts with a lie in! :)x

jemima2 18 Apr 16 07:35 AM

This is making me so glad we chose a villa for our next trip! Gorgeous day 😄

closeder 18 Apr 16 07:48 AM

Lovely relaxing day, hot tub looks wonderful, great to just chill after your busy days!

KCMUMMY 18 Apr 16 07:49 AM

Pool days at the villa... bliss ☺loving your report (as I did last year!)

Lindaelaine 18 Apr 16 08:18 AM

What a lovely day, a great promotion for being offsite in a villa, relaxing and recharging your batteries, pure bliss .
Loving this live trippy :wavey: