theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Day 14. Villa Chillin, Fantasia Mini Golf, Mannys Chophouse - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=949368)

scottishnellie 25 Apr 16 02:37 AM

Day 14. Villa Chillin, Fantasia Mini Golf, Mannys Chophouse - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live

I lay in til almost 8am and was up before Kieran. He emerged at 8:30 saying he had been lying awake for a while but just relaxing. I hadn't done my trip report last night as I was too tired so had to do it this morning. Don't think I will do that again. Wasn't fun doing it this morning!

Once done I had the bikini on and straight out onto that sun lounger. Don't worry, I won't torture anyone with photos of that! Kevin was sitting in the sun, Kieran was in the games room and Hannah was messing about in her room, following a nice long lie. Kevin had said from the start he didn't think he could stay in the villa all day, so he decided he might take the kids to mini golf as that is included in our Disney ultimate tickets and it would also break up the day for Kieran as he isn't allowed to play in the pool with his ear infection. He is doing fine with that by the way. Now and then it is sore and a Tylenol takes care of that, but he has plenty of energy and is back on his food so that's just Kieran as normal really.

Kevin and the kids left about 1pm to go Disneys Fantasia Gardens mini golf. They loved it and came back with lots of photos. Which I will just post one after the other here as I have no comments for them, having not been there!

I spent the day lying in the sun, dipping in the pool, and then anytime a cloud came over I would come in a do a stint of housework. Got the villa all spik and span again with a good clean, and stripped, washed and remade all the beds. I also sat and totally replanned our final week as I needed to move Kennedy down a day, move the water parks to later in the week because of Kieran's ear infection, fit in a morning at Hollywood studios including a FP for Rock N Roller, and as a family we have decided to change our plans for Epcot on Wednesday. We have afternoon FPs and did have Teppan Edo booked for dinner before Illuminations. Neither of the kids fancy Teppan Edo and are not bothered about the illuminations, and Kevin is desperate to eat his beloved Teak again. I really don't mind so have cancelled Teppan Edo now and we will leave for Teak instead.

When they all got back from mini golf they were melting hot and Hannah jumped straight in the pool. Poor Kieran was bursting with the heat so I had to let him go in the pool up to his chest with them both having strict instructions they were dipping and no playing or splashing. They did well keeping it calm and his head stayed dry but still managed to cool him off.

We messed about the rest of the afternoon then got ready for dinner. Stopped at Walmart (day 14 before we set foot in a Walmart!) and Kieran bought some toys (Star Wars Lego kits – he loves them).

Then we headed to the new Mannys Chophouse on the 192.

We were given a pager and told 30m but only waited 15.

Kevin had T-Bone steak with fries, and like last night it came with a huge salad and bread. These rolls are sweet like brioche and they come with cinnamon butter. The kids helped Kevin with these funnily enough. The salad had the Mannys ranch dressing and Kevin thought this was delicious. Delicious enough to bring the rest home in a take away box no less.

He also had some coconut shrimp on the side and liked this with the spicy orange dipping sauce

I had chicken quesadillas which are an appetiser but were huge!

Hannah had the grilled chicken sandwich and fries

Kieran had chicken fajitas which was a mountain of chicken, and some of that came home in a box too.

The kids then had desserts. Hannah had New York Cheesecake with chocolate sauce, half of which came home in a box.

And Kieran had a huge chocolate cake, which unbelievably he finished himself. Told you he had his appetite back.

And I had a couple of Strawberry Daiquiris.

We liked it well enough here. What we had was tasty, but we wouldn't be desperate to go back again like we are with Teak.

Then we headed home. Kevin is in the jacuzzi with a beer and I will be joining him in just a minute with my Malibu and Cranberry. The kids are playing in the games room again. I've loved my wee chill out day in the sun. Should be able to squeeze a few more pool hours in this week as the next 2 days are early starts but the the final few days are all lazy mornings. Not to mention the sun lounger opportunities while the others fly around on water slides at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon!

Tomorrow – an early start for Kennedy Space Centre.

app 25 Apr 16 02:51 AM

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 25 Apr 16 2:51 AM.

Megandllsmum 25 Apr 16 03:00 AM

Hi Helen :wavey:
Glad Kieran's on the mend bless him.
Sounds like a perfect chill day was had by all.
Have a great time tomorrow at Kennedy
Sam X

wotever 25 Apr 16 03:01 AM

We ate here last week... normally I do not like manny's but it was our first time at this location and the food was great... I had the ribs and they were the best I have eaten in a long time.

scottishnellie 25 Apr 16 03:02 AM

Hi Sam :wavey:

I see you have made it to the outlets :grin: Fab!

Great to see you are having a good time. All happy with the Rosen?

Helen x

Megandllsmum 25 Apr 16 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishnellie (Post 11541300)
Hi Sam :wavey:

I see you have made it to the outlets :grin: Fab!

Great to see you are having a good time. All happy with the Rosen?

Helen x

Hi Helen...
We've done both premium outlets now, off to Florida mall in week never been there so looking forward to that... had some great bargains but you'll know what bargains are to be had already lol... I've read the hauls you've had in your reports...Kevin's gonna have to sit on those cases with sounds of it to get them closed ;);)
Had our Disney fix today at the springs ...loved it and it's changed quite a bit since we were there in 2014... Loved the theming of the new restaurants and the amphicars... went a bit mad...well Lilly did in world of Disney and Lego shop ...she's a Lego nut and it's so much cheaper here than at home.
Really nice stay at the Rosen yep...it's so handy for loads of places to eat and drink and stuff to do at night...we've been up to idrive 360 a couple of nights, pirate cove golf last night was fun and Lilly's loving Dave and busters arcade next door ... she's had quite a bit of luck in there lol.
Have a great day tomorrow looking forward to reading all about it
Sam x

k l is excited 25 Apr 16 05:41 AM

Another good day, glad you managed to get some me time whilst you were busy tiding the villa. I love how well you organize your time so as not to waste any of it. Nice to see Kieran is getting better it must be so hard to keep him out of pool, at least the kids were sensible and he was ably to cool off with Hannah.

I just wondered did you go to the Manny's at Haines city on your previous trip and if so how did the new one compare. We liked the Haines city one but the 192 only opened after our holiday last year, will try it in 2018 when we return.

I look forward to hearing about Kennedy space centre as this is somewhere we would like to visit as yet we haven't manage to fit it in. Hope you all have a good day. X

twinkleshmoo 25 Apr 16 07:34 AM

Looks like everyone enjoyed Fantasia golf and glad you got some me time. I really fancy trying Manny's so thanks for the info. Hope you have a great day today :) oh and I love a pen and paper spreadsheet well done on the re-planning :wavey:

JoJo88 25 Apr 16 08:11 AM

Lovely relaxing day, that's what we've got planned this year! Glad to hear Keiran is on the mend.

Nice to hear that you enjoyed Manny's. We used to love the one at Haines but it did seem to go down a bit and wasn't worth the journey. Really pleased there's one nearer now and that it appears to be good!

Hope you have fun today :) x

Chocgirl93 25 Apr 16 09:08 AM

Have a great time at Kennedy...A fantastic day for the family. Be prepared for a few wow moments. We've been twice, wonderful memories x

Laura x