theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Day 20. Last Full Day. Packing, Villa Chillin', Red Lobster - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=950981)

scottishnellie 1 May 16 03:56 AM

Day 20. Last Full Day. Packing, Villa Chillin', Red Lobster - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live

Today was our last full day, and it was a free day on the planner so we could do whatever we wanted. I wanted to do pretty much nothing but sit and soak up every last ray of sunshine I could catch before I go home to freezing Glasgow. I can't lie!

Once everyone was up I canvassed opinions. Kieran said he wouldn't mind visiting a water park for a couple of hours but wasn't bothered if we stayed by the pool. Hannah wanted to stay by the pool, and Kevin wasn't bothered. Pool it was. Yay!

So we are VERY light on the photo front! This is my favourite spot from 9am each morning

Kieran does his daily bug watch

I wandered around the villa taking snaps of all the wee quotes and signs Joanne has up which I love

We had a makeshift lunch using up what was left in the fridge, which was mainly turkey slices, Philadelphia and wraps with some salad!

The kids played well in the pool and I engrossed myself in my kindle. So nice and chilled.

We packed 2 of our 4 suitcases with everything we knew we would definitely not need. We still weren't sure what we would do later so we couldn't pack totally.

It was my cousins wedding today, but we had booked this holiday before we knew the dates so I was a bit gutted to be missing it. This was worse when I got photos of my mum and dad, and my brother and SIL all dressed up ready to go. Got some photos later and the bride and groom looked lovely.

We were still wondering if we could use the groupon for that bloody balloon, but there was a definite breeze today, more so than some of the days when it wasn't up, so we knew it was unlikely. Kevin phoned the number they had given us and asked. They said it wasn't up at present and the next possible time with the wind predictions was 8pm. He phoned later in the afternoon and this time they said 10pm, so that was out of the question. I will have to see if there are any dibbers who can make use of it now or it will just go to waste. It expires on 7th May so it's a tight window.

We stayed by the pool until 4:30pm when I came in and logged in to do our online checkin. I hadn't pre booked seats on the way home as I had a suspicion the flight may be as empty as it was last year, having no corresponding outbound flight from Glasgow. When I logged in we had been allocated 4 in a row in row 15, one row behind where we were on the way out, perfect. With any luck we may be able to stretch out once we are on the plane again.

We showered and faffed about getting ready then headed out to do some last minute shopping. First stop was Walgreens for some bits of medical stuff, anti itch cream for bites, antibiotic cream etc

The onto super target at rolling oaks where Hannah and Kieran bought sweets, Kieran bought yet more Star Wars Lego sets, and I bought some wee bits for birthday presents I needed.

We had decided to eat at Red Lobster for our final night. This was where we ate on our last night last year so it might become a bit of a sad place for us if we keep this up!

The air con in here was on overdrive and they don't have any outside seating. Thank the Lord I had taken my cardi.

We had a sharing platter to start with of chicken strips, mozzarella sticks, and seafood stuffed mushrooms

Then Kevin and I shared a feast of wood grilled Salmon, Lobster and Shrimp with sides of fries and Caesar salad.

I had a couple of Malibu Hurricanes

And they had brought out biscuits to start, which are like savoury garlic scones

Hannah had Maple Glazed chicken with rice and fries, which also came with a Caesar salad.

And Kieran had an adult Lobster and Langoustine Pizza, which he declared to be the best Pizza he had ever eaten. And he did finish it, even if he was groaning saying I would have to roll him to the car.

Kieran couldn't face dessert, but Hannah had a Brownie overload

And Kevin and I shared Key Lime Pie which was light and tangy so a nice finish to the meal.

The food was all lovely and we couldn't fault anything. Paid the bill and headed home for a chilled night.

Kieran is currently in the games room playing the PlayStation. He is so going to miss that games room! Hannah is in her bed watching some trashy American teen stuff. And Kevin and I are on the couch watching Hunger Games..

I can't believe we are going home tomorrow. In some ways it feels like it's flown, yet it seems like ages ago we checked into the Rosen for our first night, and we have done so much.

We have a few hours to kill between vacating the villa and checking in at the airport tomorrow, so might visit Florida Mall on the way there.

I'm going to upload this report and have a wee Malibu & Cranberry now before my last night in my big comfy princess and the pea bed.

Night all x

app 1 May 16 04:05 AM

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 1 May 16 4:05 AM.

DEBS&DAN 1 May 16 04:35 AM

Have loved reading your report. What an amazing time you have all had, you have a lovely family. Safe trip home to a not so sunny Glasgow.

orlandofan 1 May 16 06:10 AM

What great trip reports. I have enjoyed reading them before going to work. Safe journey home.

Jake71 1 May 16 07:07 AM

After all you've done a nice relaxing last day was well deserved. In going to really miss your daily updates. Have a good flight home.

missdopey 1 May 16 07:20 AM

I've loved reading along with your trip report! Have a safe trip home.

debojahh 1 May 16 07:25 AM

I love reading along with trips and yours has looked so lovely and varied!

Safe journey home and hope the Scottish weather isn't too bad for you :thumbs-up

pretty71 1 May 16 07:33 AM

If have enjoyed your report, hope you have a safe flight home x

mason1 1 May 16 07:35 AM

Thanks for sharing your holiday. I've really enjoyed reading it every morning over breakfast.

panspeep 1 May 16 07:35 AM

Aw, boo, going home is always the worst, especially when it's freezing and rainy as it is here, I have so enjoyed reading along each day, thank you for doing it, you sure have made the most of every day. Have a safe trip home, you will certainly need your cardi when you hit Glasgow, although you will be pleased to know that it's supposed to heat up later in the week. :wave: