theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Can anyone help? the most unorganized person on the Dibb. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142487)

Minnie18 21 Aug 19 05:27 PM

Can anyone help? the most unorganized person on the Dibb.

Hope everyone is having a fab day. Me and dh have skipped away for a cheeky hotel break just us.

I just realized this morning that whenever we go away for a few nights we seriously overpack. With us just now we have a full to the brim Trip large suitcase plus I have my Michael Kors travel bag..

Any tips on traveling light on a hotel break.

Thanks 😊

mickey house 21 Aug 19 05:43 PM

G strings
Deodrant
Feminine wipes

That's all I pack when I have a weekend away.

I hope that's helpful

Colette-S 21 Aug 19 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey house (Post 14028378)
G strings
Deodrant
Feminine wipes

That's all I pack when I have a weekend away.

I hope that's helpful

What about your little pills?

mickey house 21 Aug 19 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colette-S (Post 14028425)
What about your little pills?

I keep them in my pocket not my travel bag.

lizzie145 21 Aug 19 06:32 PM

Put out enough underwear for the days. Plan outfits that allow you to wear the same shoes or just a couple of pairs. If you are a way for 2 nights then you could wear the same skirt with a different top for example.
Buy a small suitcase or holdall for both of you.

Sandra & co 21 Aug 19 06:54 PM

I have just decided I need more trousers as I have loads of tops and not enough bottoms. I ordered 3 pairs from next and they are coming tomorrow, can you ever have enough clothes? I pack too much so I’m no help! :grin:

EssexSue 21 Aug 19 06:57 PM

I have been here 11 days and still have unworn clothes so I am no help at all.

Andybear 21 Aug 19 07:15 PM

Why 'cheeky' hotel break?

Minnie18 21 Aug 19 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andybear (Post 14028545)
Why 'cheeky' hotel break?

Hi Andybear,

I know you have asked this question on the Dibb recently and in my opinion its slang for a few nights late moment away.

Hope that answers your question 😊

Guest 21 Aug 19 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie18 (Post 14028357)
Hope everyone is having a fab day. Me and dh have skipped away for a cheeky hotel break just us.

I just realized this morning that whenever we go away for a few nights we seriously overpack. With us just now we have a full to the brim Trip large suitcase plus I have my Michael Kors travel bag..

Any tips on traveling light on a hotel break.

Thanks 😊

I realised that I used to take loads of clothes “just in case”. Which led to me taking lots of shoes, jewellery, choice of handbags because I didn’t really know what I’d be wearing. I also used to take full size shampoo etc

Now I usually take a capsule wardrobe of the same things on every trip e.g. toiletries bag with small sizes, three pairs of shoes max including the ones I’m wearing, one large and one small handbag, set of comfortable clothes (leggings/t shirt) to wear in the room, large scarf, nightwear, cardigan, pair of smart casual trousers. I also tend to take the same types of clothes and layer them. E.g. I always take a tank top which can be worn on its own in the day for say WDW in July, or underneath a couple of other things for cold conditions, or in the evening to a restaurant. What I take over and above the basics depends where I’m going and what I’m going to do when I get there. I think that bit of forward planning is the key. I still have the odd trip where I throw stuff in, so it’s a work in progress.

I’d also say don’t worry about always trying to pack light, do it when it counts! We’re on site at WDW in November for eleven nights with access to laundry facilities so could easily travel with hand luggage. But we’re not bringing loads of stuff back, or having to pack and repack so we’ll take hold luggage. When we went on a six night trip to Washington/Virginia/Orlando, we took the minimum.
Rick Steves has some good tips for packing light.
Happy future packing 👍