theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Disney Thief (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1110503)

Maksol 29 Dec 18 03:18 PM

Disney Thief

Just an observation that I couldn't quite believe. I was standing with a stroller in the Jewelers on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom on Monday 17th Dec. I noticed an older lady on a motability scooter pulling bags off the shelves and pulling the stuffing out. She moved around the shop and put 5/6 bags by her feet. She then moved to the corner and started stuffing them in disney world carrier bags. As soon as I realized what was happening, I alerted a cast member who chased her into the next shop. I can't believe how brazen this was.

Megandllsmum 29 Dec 18 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maksol (Post 13619506)
Just an observation that I couldn't quite believe. I was standing with a stroller in the Jewelers on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom on Monday 17th Dec. I noticed an older lady on a motability scooter pulling bags off the shelves and pulling the stuffing out. She moved around the shop and put 5/6 bags by her feet. She then moved to the corner and started stuffing them in disney world carrier bags. As soon as I realized what was happening, I alerted a cast member who chased her into the next shop. I can't believe how brazen this was.

I work in a shop and nothing surprises me, shop I work in its a daily occurance as I bet it is in a lot of shops, anywhere, even at Disney shops... If you've no morals you'll do it anywhere

Vinniecat 29 Dec 18 03:30 PM

That's unbelievable some people just don't have any morals.

WhereIBelong 29 Dec 18 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 13619522)
I work in a shop and nothing surprises me, shop I work in its a daily occurance as I bet it is in a lot of shops, anywhere, even at Disney shops... If you've no morals you'll do it anywhere

same here - stood and watched once (serving others) when a "lady" came in ripped a pair of scissors from its package and walked out the door. Owner shouted after her and she just said - "prove it" - and walked off. Brass neck...

Eeyore rocks 29 Dec 18 03:39 PM

Nothing surprises me now...I worked in retail! Whilst in Magic Kingdom earlier in the month, I parked the buggy up by the Carousel...went on Mickeys Philharmagic... came back and someone had untied and stolen my granddaughters balloon! :mad:

Mexy02 29 Dec 18 03:52 PM

I watched a young mum with a child in a buggy take alcohol gifts of the shelf at Debenhams then nipped behind an unmanned till and took the carrier bags to out them in And hung them off the pushchair . Mum and I where gobsmacked watching it all. I alerted the girl stacking the shelf’s who got security . They tracked her through Meadowhall and she had done numerous shops . The more brazen the harder they are to notice apparently .

Megandllsmum 29 Dec 18 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 13619526)
same here - stood and watched once (serving others) when a "lady" came in ripped a pair of scissors from its package and walked out the door. Owner shouted after her and she just said - "prove it" - and walked off. Brass neck...

The tricks I've seen people pull recently is unbelievable, I'm just getting ready to go into work and I bet one of first things I'm told is to keep a watch out cos thief's have been in again... I've seen people brazenly load wheelchairs, prams, bags for life with stuff, I've found bags hidden under clothes cubes near to doors full of stuff picked up and squirrelled away from different departments over the store ready to grab later on, people swapping their shoes for shoes on sale is a regular one, my mum got really excited once in our store when she found a Debenhams cardigan and thought we had that department now, we don't someone had swapped their cardi for a different one we sold, I recently found an empty packet of shoe insoles hidden amongst picture frames... Gotta be tight to Nick a £2 pair of insoles lol.
Have to say though if someone in our store nicked a pair of scissors or knives I'd never challenge em, minimum wage isn't worth injury 😳

MrsBC 29 Dec 18 04:28 PM

I've never worked in retail, but now I help in a charity shop each week. They even steal from there!

Mazascouser 29 Dec 18 04:29 PM

We stayed at POR in 2017 a lady walked into the food hall asked for a large bag from the till, then went about filling it with 5 of everything from water, sandwiches cakes, crisps and cakes. She did not show her magic band or pay for anything. When I pointed her out to a cast member she said it happens all the time. She said she will inform security and that the lady will be in for a surprise as the security cameras will follow her back to her room. Big brother is watching.

Eeyore rocks 29 Dec 18 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 13619565)
The tricks I've seen people pull recently is unbelievable, I'm just getting ready to go into work and I bet one of first things I'm told is to keep a watch out cos thief's have been in again... I've seen people brazenly load wheelchairs, prams, bags for life with stuff, I've found bags hidden under clothes cubes near to doors full of stuff picked up and squirrelled away from different departments over the store ready to grab later on, people swapping their shoes for shoes on sale is a regular one, my mum got really excited once in our store when she found a Debenhams cardigan and thought we had that department now, we don't someone had swapped their cardi for a different one we sold, I recently found an empty packet of shoe insoles hidden amongst picture frames... Gotta be tight to Nick a £2 pair of insoles lol.
Have to say though if someone in our store nicked a pair of scissors or knives I'd never challenge em, minimum wage isn't worth injury 😳

That reminds me... when I worked in M&S, someone swapped a child’s coat for a new one... the old tatty one left behind had a little girls name in it. :erm::mad: