theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Booking Annual Leave (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1112216)

stormflm595 11 Jan 19 07:32 PM

Booking Annual Leave

Does anyone get as excited as I do when you book annual leave for a Disney trip?! We haven't even put a deposit down yet as we're holding out and hoping for free dining but the fact that we have booked the time off at work means we are actually serious in going, rather than talking about it and it not happening!

Yahoooooooo get me back to Epcot!

Ellelledee 11 Jan 19 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormflm595 (Post 13639202)
Does anyone get as excited as I do when you book annual leave for a Disney trip?! We haven't even put a deposit down yet as we're holding out and hoping for free dining but the fact that we have booked the time off at work means we are actually serious in going, rather than talking about it and it not happening!

Yahoooooooo get me back to Epcot!

Yeah. I booked mine today. I was getting a bit stressed our holidays run March to march and yesterday our manager sent out an email with everyone's already booked dates and I was panicking like mad, so I came home and spoke to DH and DD last night saying we need to book. DH gave me the dates he was thinking of so I provisionally booked them with my manager today and I've got home and he has booked, so I'll be going in and confirming with her Monday.

3disneykids 11 Jan 19 08:16 PM

When are you going? I am just asking as the American site has free dining available for this year. :)

stormflm595 11 Jan 19 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3disneykids (Post 13639236)
When are you going? I am just asking as the American site has free dining available for this year. :)

Next August! Fingers crossed its on!

3disneykids 11 Jan 19 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormflm595 (Post 13639258)
Next August! Fingers crossed its on!

2020? Wow you are allowed to book your leave early :grin:

DisneyDaffodil 11 Jan 19 08:40 PM

I don’t work but I get excited about DH booking leave for our holidays 😀 He has 2 weeks compulsory leave in school holiday time which is so expensive to book trips for, and two weeks to take when he wants, plus a week at Xmas and usual bank holidays. So, he goes into work on the first day back after Xmas with a list of dates and greets his supervisor with them 😀 . It can be quite difficult as we sometimes have to book the holiday before he has officially secured the time off as they can’t book until January, but all the workers in his unit consult with each other and try not to double book so then they have no problems in January, but it’s always a relief when he comes home and says they are booked 😀

stormflm595 11 Jan 19 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3disneykids (Post 13639282)
2020? Wow you are allowed to book your leave early :grin:

Yeah I'm really lucky in my job for things like annual leave :)

signtalker 11 Jan 19 11:07 PM

I booked 3 weeks for Christmas and new year 2020, on Wednesday this week, got it authorised on the same day .

Can’t wait ,
Jules

lizzie145 12 Jan 19 03:54 AM

I'm lucky that I can book more or less when I want, mid week to mid week etc. As long as I can get a buddy to cover it's fine and that's no issue either

Lightyear 13 Jan 19 01:20 AM

Does anyone else book their holidays then 'ask' for annual leave? Luckily I have a good boss and book far enough in advance I know nobody else in my team is off at the same time