theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Mustang (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1112386)

guinness_79 12 Jan 19 11:03 PM

Mustang

Sorry for even asking this!

4 of us ... OH wants a mustang!

Anyone that has had one ... how much room is there for luggage? !

Stitch & Smudge 12 Jan 19 11:05 PM

Might fit a bag of crisps in. We had one for a week in the middle of our stay. Went 3 weeks, it worked well for us and the kids loved it. Even if it did turn out they’d have preferred a truck.

RickT 12 Jan 19 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness_79 (Post 13640828)

Had one the other month in Vegas as we left the kids at home :)

There's room for 1 full size case in the boot only and a bit of hand luggage... the boot is too shallow to stand a case on it side.

There is also VERY limited leg room in the rear. there was 6 inches leg room behind me in the drivers seat and i have a 30inch inside leg.

We had to drop the roof to get the case in the back seat.

The car is only suitable for 2 people in my opinion, unless the adults in the front are 4ft tall. :grin:

Trusty ian 13 Jan 19 12:55 AM

We had a Mustang just after Xmas . Just managed to get our 2 suitcases in boot. No room as such in the back. The mustang was a bit of a disappointment . Alamo at mco only had the 2.3 4 cylinder engine. The windows didn't work properly, bits of trim missing/fallen off, noisey tyres, poor steering/kept wandering to the right.
Persuade him to have something else.

pad406 13 Jan 19 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness_79 (Post 13640828)

Sorry but you'll likely be miserable :(.

Add to previously mentioned size issues, the back seat of a convertible is no fun if you're doing anything over 30. Depending on when you're travelling, the heat could be unbearable with the roof down, especially if you get stuck in traffic.

Convertibles are fun cars, but only for the front seat passengers, and tbh the Mustang that you'll get is not going to be a desirable version anyway.

choccielover 13 Jan 19 10:04 AM

Check out wizzos last trip report. He had a ‘stang I believe for 2 weeks and did talk about room in the boot etc

Quietman 13 Jan 19 10:54 AM

We had a mustang last year for 16 days We easily got 4 adults with plenty of leg room in front and back. We got 1 medium sized case (hard case) and 1 large hold-all. All of our hand luggage plus duty free in the boot. Just have to take a little time loading. We were so pleased with it we are having one again next year for 17 days. Would defo recommend it. We researched the boot space before we went but found it was larger than we expected. Soft cases would fit easier but not a must.

Ninnybobs 13 Jan 19 04:33 PM

We get a convertible every time myself and DW go by ourselves, the majority of the rentals have been Mustangs. Every time we go we say the same thing... good job the kids aren’t with us. There simply would not be room for cases and people.

trampslikeus 16 Jan 19 04:24 PM

No chance of squeezing 4 people and holiday luggage in a Mustang.
Great car but not practical for OP, IMO.