theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Boston History Tour October 2018: Day 3 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1105176)

sallybunny 25 Oct 18 07:48 PM

Boston History Tour October 2018: Day 3

I was awake so early this morning (2.30am) and couldn't get back to sleep. This led to not great anxiety levels for the next day...and then less sleep..then higher anxiety...you see how it goes. Anyway! This morning we went out for breakfast to Sorella's in JP.

Pete had the Dylan.

Doug had blueberry pancakes...

And I had the Texas Toast. $23 inc tip and a very friendly spot.

This is Doug sulking because I wouldn't let him stand on the train!

The plan for today was to do part of the Freedom Trail. With small boys in tow, we have a morning of doing stuff, downtime in the afternoon and then out again later. First stop was Primark for gloves for me as it was so cold! And the boys somehow managed to get hats and scarves too. Onto the first stop of Boston Common.

Park Street Church. See the beautiful, blue, cold sky!

Granary Burial Ground.

Another Boston bronze animal.

Benjamin Franklin.

First school site.

Old South Meeting house. We went in here for a look around.

The boys did some interesting work sheets and I got a chance to look around too. There was a school talk happening so we had a listen to that. I'm afraid I can't remember too much! I downloaded the NPS Boston app and there's loads of details on there.

Next destination was the Old State House to have a good look at the Lion and Unicorn. This is a great museum to have a look around with lots of hands on exhibits for children.

Final stop for today was Fenueil Hall for lunch. We did go upstairs but were so tired and hungry we didn't take much in.

Lunch was lobster roll and clam chowder and it was so good! Expensive at $24 but still tasted amazing.

Much happier with food and a sit down! From here we went to the Christmas shop for a lobster decoration then to Ghiradelli for a box of squares. And the freebie!

Almost forgot that we picked up cupcakes from Magnolia bakery. So tasty!

We ate these back at the apartment and had a lovely rest and a bit of a nap.

About 5 we got ourselves sorted out for dinner. Another lovely JP street.

Bella Luna tonight. It's in the old brewery close to Green Street station.

We had a lovely warm welcome and the whole place is very much to my taste (they played lots of indie / Brit pop) and lots of families were in so I could relax!

Apple martini sort of relaxed!

And tablecloth art was produced.

Pete had pizza no mushrooms.

Doug had pasta and meatballs.

And I had the most gorgeous autumn salad - kale, sprouts, hazelnuts, cheese, apple and creamy dressing.

And Doug got carried home.

app 25 Oct 18 08:15 PM

New Photo Added by sallybunny - 25 Oct 18 8:15 PM.

mick 25 Oct 18 08:46 PM

A good day with more nice food :spin:

Joan :wave:

Jake71 1 Nov 18 02:27 PM

A really interesting day, poor tired Doug at the end.