theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   TC holiday extra refunds - advice needed (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137506)

Miss_Shell 19 Jul 19 11:40 AM

TC holiday extra refunds - advice needed

Hi all,

I recently upgraded our inbound flight with TC and was told we were due a refund as we had already bought some of the extras included. I have been told three separate timescales for refund:

3-5 days
5-7 days
10 days

We are now on (working day) 11 and no sign of said refund. I spoke to both their customer services and online chat, both advised they cant escalate to a complaint and to fill in a form. Unfortunately you cannot fill this form in if you've booked flights only so a bit stuck.

I've submitted a complaint via resolver but I dont know if TC are obliged to reply.

Has anyone else been in a similar position and have had successful refunds for this kind of malarkey?

Thanks in advance x

123Ellen 19 Jul 19 01:49 PM

Have you got anything in writing saying that you are due a refund? It doesn't seem right that they don't have a complaints process even if you only booked flights.

Miss_Shell 19 Jul 19 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123Ellen (Post 13964071)
Have you got anything in writing saying that you are due a refund? It doesn't seem right that they don't have a complaints process even if you only booked flights.

I do yes. It seemed very odd to me and when questioned they didnt really know what to tell me!

FloridaFairy 19 Jul 19 04:23 PM

Why can’t it be escalated to a complaint?
You previously bought a flight and paid for extras eg seats entertainment etc... ?
You have now paid to upgrade but these extras are included in the flight/seat... ?
Therefore you have paid twice ...
Give customer services the amount that you have paid twice for and request refund... take their name and state that you expect a refund within 5 working days or whatever you feel appropriate...
State you’ve already waited and if you feel it’s appropriate request any compensation
Customer services can help they can take payments so surely must be able to refund.. they will also have a record of all exchanges-web searches etc that you’ve done as well.
2017 we travelled with then and there was a glitch which enabled us to book seats for free... this was flagged on The Dibb but needed to be done soonest...
We were travelling g with friends but he hasn’t been checking and was too busy that evening to ring. Few days later the glitch had gone and when he rang and said he’d been checking etc , they pointed out that he hadn’t ... how they knew, I don’t know but they did meet him half way so they are able to help...
I’m sure one the dibbers is fab at getting queries resolves with TC ... can’t remember who tho but I’m sure someone will be along shortly to help ...
In the meantime keep on at customer services

Miss_Shell 19 Jul 19 05:23 PM

Thank you both, I rung them again and now they are saying to wait till Monday/Tuesday. I have specifically asked to escalate to a complaint but are still reluctant to do so 🤬

7SeasSailor 19 Jul 19 07:51 PM

Get on their Facebook site and start complaining.