theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Tokyo for a week, would you? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1153249)

Jaybeez 22 Nov 19 01:59 PM

Tokyo for a week, would you?

For those who have been to Tokyo or anywhere in Japan, would you go for just a week?

My daughter is doing an internship in Japan next year and I'm considering flying out with her a week early before the internship starts. My son has been to Tokyo for a week with work and loved it, but he's used to travelling long distances for short periods.

I would be restricted to a week as I already have other time booked off of work for holidays next year.

Guest 22 Nov 19 03:35 PM

DH and I have done Japan for a longer trip, but we absolutely would do Tokyo for a week. We think there is something amazing about doing one of the iconic cities of the world for a week (which Tokyo is). We went to Rio for six days a few years ago and it will be one of our best holiday memories ever. We would definitely go back to Tokyo for a week.

RockTheDots 22 Nov 19 03:40 PM

Definitely! DH and I returned from Tokyo a week ago and we loved it! We were there 10 nights but split our time between Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort (which is amazing). We would definitely go back.

Ben1993 22 Nov 19 03:57 PM

No doubt about it! We did 8 nights last year and it was brilliant. Would like to do longer and explore more of Japan next time but a week in Tokyo is fine. We did 4 nights in Tokyo itself and 4 at Tokyo Disney :)

Jaybeez 22 Nov 19 04:36 PM

Thank you for the replies, it sounds like a good idea then :)

happytraveller 22 Nov 19 10:45 PM

It’s funny, my youngest who was 10 at the time and I did Tokyo for 15 nights due to getting I insanely cheap flights. We didn’t fully appreciate it at the time. But the other day,he was begging to go back and would happily do a week. Looking back,it was one of our best holidays ever! We were looking at February but I hate the cold. Although, I would actually make an exception as there are a lot of things we did actually like. Last year, I didn’t think I’d return,lol. It Fantastic 😊

Melbatb 23 Nov 19 08:56 PM

While I haven’t done Japan for a week I have done other Asian cities (HK, KL and Bangkok) for a short trip.

Tokyo is fabulous!

Jaybeez 24 Nov 19 02:08 PM

Well I’ve mentioned the idea to my daughter and luckily she loves the idea 😊. Now I just have to read the Tokyo trip reports on here and start planning.

happytraveller 24 Nov 19 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybeez (Post 14183124)
Well I’ve mentioned the idea to my daughter and luckily she loves the idea 😊. Now I just have to read the Tokyo trip reports on here and start planning.

Well done :thumbs-upAfter saying I wouldn’t be back, I’m actually planning a trip for next August, so doing the same :)

Olliesmommy 27 Nov 19 09:53 PM

Reading this thread with interest, what is the best time of year to visit? Thanks, JJ