theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I can not believe the difference in price between Disney uk and us (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1154259)

Mazbar 6 Dec 19 04:10 PM

I can not believe the difference in price between Disney uk and us

So w have just installed a vpn recently and I decided to look at the difference between our holiday we booked with Disney uk and Disney us.
We have 14 nights in a 1 bed at okw, free dining, photo pass and 2 weeks park tickets for 3 we paid about £6000
The us site was in $ and the tickets where only for 10 days and we had to pay for the dining plan and photo pass this came out at $14000 about. When you factor in the exchange rate it was over £10000
I know we have paid a lot but god help the Americans.

munmun 6 Dec 19 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazbar (Post 14196037)
So w have just installed a vpn recently and I decided to look at the difference between our holiday we booked with Disney uk and Disney us.
We have 14 nights in a 1 bed at okw, free dining, photo pass and 2 weeks park tickets for 3 we paid about £6000
The us site was in $ and the tickets where only for 10 days and we had to pay for the dining plan and photo pass this came out at $14000 about. When you factor in the exchange rate it was over £10000
I know we have paid a lot but god help the Americans.

It would be very unusual for an American family to spend 2 weeks at Disney. US workers have much more restricted vacation time usually 3 weeks for the year and you are expected not to take it all.

A typical Disney vacation for a US family would be 3-5 days, maximum a week. I dont think you are therefore comparing the same thing but if you are you are right.of course the airfares are cheaper.

Mazbar 6 Dec 19 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munmun (Post 14196044)
It would be very unusual for an American family to spend 2 weeks at Disney. US workers have much more restricted vacation time usually 3 weeks for the year and you are expected not to take it all.

A typical Disney vacation for a US family would be 3-5 days, maximum a week. I dont think you are therefore comparing the same thing but if you are you are right.of course the airfares are cheaper.

You are right I would have only got a 10 day ticket with the us site.

ocaz 6 Dec 19 06:32 PM

For this year's trip in August we'd booked before we left our 2018 trip

-14 nights all Star sports
-10 day park hopper ticket plus
-Memory maker
-2 QS meals per day, 2 snacks per day and refillable mug

After exchange rate it worked out at about £3,050.00 (thankfully paid majority off before dollar started tanking)

Thought we got a pretty good deal

Jaspercat10 6 Dec 19 07:51 PM

I know I had a quote from a US agent for our trip this Christmas as they have free dining for our dates, even with free dining included it was much cheaper to book room only and tickets on the UK site and pay for the dining plan

scooby99 6 Dec 19 10:00 PM

We don’t do Disney or Orlando; however, we do the Gulf Coast 3 times a year.
US & Canadian friends that we’ve made over the years are always amazed at how cheap our flights, car hire & travel insurance are for our trips to the US & Europe compared to what they pay.

I always laugh when I watch the Kelly & Ryan show over there & they give away a 4 day trip to somewhere in the Caribbean for 2 people flying economy from the US with breakfast, valued at $10,000 etc & I think, don’t be silly, that’s similar to a Brit couple flying somewhere in Europe for a mini-break, no way would a Brit pay £7,000-8,000 for that!

munmun 6 Dec 19 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby99 (Post 14196300)
We don’t do Disney or Orlando; however, we do the Gulf Coast 3 times a year.
US & Canadian friends that we’ve made over the years are always amazed at how cheap our flights, car hire & travel insurance are for our trips to the US & Europe compared to what they pay.

We will be at N Redington Beach when you are at Indian Shores, hope the weathers good.

scooby99 6 Dec 19 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munmun (Post 14196302)
We will be at N Redington Beach when you are at Indian Shores, hope the weathers good.

Hope so too!
We’re there in time for the Lighted Boat Parade; may try to catch it this year.
Have a great time.

munmun 6 Dec 19 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby99 (Post 14196310)
Hope so too!
Have a great time.

Yes us too, we will go and also to the lighted botanical gardens in largo. Have fun

YorkshireT 7 Dec 19 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby99 (Post 14196310)
Hope so too!
Have a great time.

Where you stay Indian Shores? We stayed Barefoot Beach Resort last summer, very reasonable and very nice place, and we have booked for Xmas 2020 already. Also the best coffee I have ever had from the coffee shop just down from there.