theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I lost my hobby (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1164223)

sue97 13 Mar 20 09:29 AM

I lost my hobby

I love holiday planning as probably do a lot of people on this forum. But with the virus I am uninspired to book a holiday even further out into December.

I got a ball of wool and started to crochet but I need to use this time productively to do something new.

I already do yoga and walk but need some new ideas.

Netflix tends to go with food and that's not good.

TINKERBELL44 13 Mar 20 09:33 AM

Know exactly where you are coming from xxx

Rabel 13 Mar 20 09:37 AM

In a similar place - we have dates booked in December but I would like something positive to concentrate on in the short term rather than worrying.

I guess that I should use the time to tidy up and do a large spring clean.

Is gardening an option for you? Or painting by numbers (takes concentration and you cannot snack whilst doing it)? Or jigsaws?

Mr Tom Morrow 13 Mar 20 10:37 AM

Spring Cleaning. Can take as much or as little time as you like.

I have started this week and done all the window frames upstairs, wiped the coving and other such jobs.

Nothing like a freshly aired house and the smell of polish/Flash/disinfectant etc.

My Wife cannot help as she is post operation but she makes me coffee.:)

Rac20 13 Mar 20 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14332699)
Spring Cleaning. Can take as much or as little time as you like.

I have started this week and done all the window frames upstairs, wiped the coving and other such jobs.

Nothing like a freshly aired house and the smell of polish/Flash/disinfectant etc.

My Wife cannot help as she is post operation but she makes me coffee.:)

Usually go to the gym Friday morning as it’s my day off but as I’m limiting contact with people and surfaces (How many germs must there be on those gym machines?) I have given my kitchen a thorough clean. It’s taken me all morning and looks all sparkling. You can’t beat a good spring clean.

Pumpkin Pie 13 Mar 20 01:11 PM

I have given up planning for our Japan trip in May. I aim to start spring cleaning next week. It’s been a wee bit too cold here but it looks like it will start warming up a bit next week. I feel as if I have been in shut down mode far too long and need to get motivated.

We are taking the grandchildren out on their bikes this afternoon (we are walking) so that should get some fresh air round our lungs!

Rac20 13 Mar 20 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie (Post 14333117)
I have given up planning for our Japan trip in May. I aim to start spring cleaning next week. It’s been a wee bit too cold here but it looks like it will start warming up a bit next week. I feel as if I have been in shut down mode far too long and need to get motivated.

We are taking the grandchildren out on their bikes this afternoon (we are walking) so that should get some fresh air round our lungs!

I really hope it starts to warm up. I think that might help things? Maybe? 🤞🏻A nice walk sounds like a fab idea.

Smithkfs 13 Mar 20 01:34 PM

I did a Diamond Art kit the other day and loved it and waiting until payday to get another one and also started cross stitching on an evening (Keeps me off Social Media :blush:). If you walk how about signing up for virtual walking challenge? - I do Race at Your Pace and Race The World

Mr Tom Morrow 13 Mar 20 01:34 PM

Lets be honest if we work or not the Winter is loonngg!

Nothing like a bit of Spring time to motivate you or even just to feel good. Daffs are out, bits of blue sky and longer daylight. Lovely.

My Wife has just had her first physio and by next week has to be walking 1 mile a day so out we go.
That will step up (no pun) to 3 miles a day within another week.

sue97 3 Sep 21 07:30 PM

Just to update, I am addicted to crochet, back holiday planning and walking on average 13K. The yoga went by the wayside although my upper body could do with it. :)