theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1090614)

walt4it 22 Jul 18 02:27 AM

A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018

Well that was close !

2017 finished and now complete:spin::spin:

Click here to read

The whole title of this years report was a lightbulb moment last night and now we have something written I will be able to add to in an 2018 sense!

In the meantime...

2018 would not have happened if all of this stuff hadn't happened first.

What was an epilogue, becomes a prologue...

No photos but a whole host of words that show how you get a trip done and another.

Before we go any further in 2018 -you need to read this

A Prologue/ epilogue/ a victory for the little guy!

UPDATE

Amidst all the AA stuff , we needed to decide, how and when to tell the boys.

We have had a cunning past, yet this year we had a less expansive plan and had rolled in the additional expense:blush:

Needs must;)

So we did a Christmas reveal based around BULLSEYE - I had the trip report tile as such Bu11seye ;)

After the previous decade I wished to add the 11 into the report title, just as I had in 2013 with the Bel13ve trip report.

There is some video which I will add in the future

You see amidst all my non posting of trip report days , we are actually trying to think of what will happen next.

The proverbial cards were on the table after a darts game that lasted way beyond the time it should take.

With certain doubles and scores there was reward reveals - it was Christmas Day after all, although:pgig: it felt like new year by the time we finished!

Anyway the kids knew we were going and that meant there was not an whole lot of lying going to happen for the next 7 months - that is healthy too!

We had booked

Flights from MAN to Frankfurt the to Miami on an A380

Car Hire with Hertz through a Dibb code and my fingers remain crossed as it is the cheapest car hire I have found this year - £578 for 4 weeks- with an intermediate SUV, I just hope it is not a 4 person scooter:erm: Will let you all know!

We had a couple of nights planned in Miami as we had never done this in the past.

The we planned to go to Clearwater for a few days.

HOWEVER,

having watched Dale Winton and his trip to St. Augustine on the original showing, just months before his death. Was blown away with the history of the place and then found a place to stay.
First time I can say Dale checked it out for me.

I hope our days there this year result in what we all think it will become, it looks a place we should have visited a long time ago.

That change in plan was insignificant as the next bit was critical!

POR for a few nights with DDP and an opportunity to be on site an enjoy free food - we had missed that last year.

Port Orleans Riverside will be new to us so any planning tips gladly accepted:thumbs-up

We have a villa booked at Lake Wilson Preserve for the rest of the trip.

No soccer, No Baseball no...

Well we may have a visit to see the band of my youth - The Alarm are in Florida during our stay and having met in Liverpool last November and Holmfirth in May this year - we may need to adjust our plans;)

I guess my Trip report will tell a little more.

KittyBlackDog 22 Jul 18 07:24 AM

A Mi11ion Dreams is all its going to take...

Looking forward to reading this one too!

Oh and I owe you a :beer:

See ya real soon :beer2:

flo-tinka 22 Jul 18 08:15 AM

Keeping me awake...
Looking forward to hearing about the world you are gonna make this year
Enjoy, you with your family:)

walt4it 23 Jul 18 12:41 AM

Updated to include what may happen this year;)

DadToThree 23 Jul 18 09:39 AM

Have an amazing time all of you, you all thoroughly deserve it!

I’ll certainly look forward to reading about your holiday next June 😉

Have fun!

mick 23 Jul 18 03:33 PM

Have a great holiday :spin:looking forward to reading along

Joan :wave:

sallybunny 23 Jul 18 04:11 PM

And so it begins! You've sorted out my winter nights again.

Looking forward to this time next year and the race to finish!

Have an awesome holiday!

shakil 24 Jul 18 02:29 PM

Not long left now, looking forward to another one of your adventures!

Goldia 25 Jul 18 08:39 AM

Another awesome trip planned. Is it travel day nkw? I can't remember when your flight is/was. Either way, if you're waiting to fly or if you're already out there I hope you have an amazing time.

Great title by the way, every night I lie in bed the brightest colours fill my head, is quite apt for you as you always seem to post your trip reports in the wee small hours!

collybird 25 Jul 18 03:37 PM

I love the title!

I hope you're having a wonderful time!