theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   TV and Film (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The Greek Islands with Julia Bradbury. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1157246)

tocpe321 11 Jan 20 01:17 AM

The Greek Islands with Julia Bradbury.

We watched this tonight, thanks to Princess Alison mentioning it was on, and it was really good. Tonight was Crete and it was very interesting and beautifully filmed.
Next week it's Corfu, our favourite island... so far.

soooexcited! 12 Jan 20 05:59 PM

Of course I watched it with our shared love of all things Greek. I'm thinking of taking up that Greek instrument 😉

tocpe321 12 Jan 20 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soooexcited! (Post 14238382)
Of course I watched it with our shared love of all things Greek. I'm thinking of taking up that Greek instrument 😉

Yes, I think she loved him, as did my wife. Lucky guy.

soooexcited! 12 Jan 20 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tocpe321 (Post 14238388)
Yes, I think she loved him, as did my wife. Lucky guy.

Very easy on the eye.
Never been to Crete but it looked lovely.

tocpe321 12 Jan 20 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soooexcited! (Post 14238393)
Very easy on the eye.
Never been to Crete but it looked lovely.

We've been a couple of times and had great holidays. Once to Ag Nik and once to Rethymnon. We did the trip to Spinalonga too. Very poignant.

soooexcited! 12 Jan 20 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tocpe321 (Post 14238401)
We've been a couple of times and had great holidays. Once to Ag Nik and once to Rethymnon. We did the trip to Spinalonga too. Very poignant.

Will add it to my long list. This years trip is Athens Poros Island Spetses Hydra Piraeus, cant wait. We looked at island hopping from Crete too.

tocpe321 12 Jan 20 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soooexcited! (Post 14238416)
Will add it to my long list. This years trip is Athens Poros Island Spetses Hydra Piraeus, cant wait. We looked at island hopping from Crete too.

Sounds lovely. I would like to see a few different places over there.

soooexcited! 12 Jan 20 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tocpe321 (Post 14238433)
Sounds lovely. I would like to see a few different places over there.

I've ticked off quite a few now still loads more to see. Cant see me ever getting fed up of beautiful Greece. Island hopping is a great way to be independent and see a few in one trip.

soooexcited! 29 Jan 20 01:33 PM

Are you still watching? Loved these programmes. She went to my favourite place on Santorini, Pyrgos so beautiful and peaceful compared to Oia and Fira.

tocpe321 29 Jan 20 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soooexcited! (Post 14263527)
Are you still watching? Loved these programmes. She went to my favourite place on Santorini, Pyrgos so beautiful and peaceful compared to Oia and Fira.

Yes, just watched it. Pyrgos looks beautiful, as does the small island a few minutes away.

More for the list!

:)