theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Hogwarts Castle -display box or ideas/ (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1110486)

minnie29 29 Dec 18 01:06 PM

Hogwarts Castle -display box or ideas/

Hi
My 13 year old DS got the Hogwarts Castle set for christmas and he has nearly completed building it - he's been working hard on it since boxing day and I think he'd build throughout the night if I let him! :d:
Just wondering if anyone has this set? and if so, where do you keep it? I'd be grateful of any ideas. I've seen the display box online for it, but it costs £120! I wouldn't mind paying for a glass display cabinet but can't seem to find any the right size. Or is the display box the only way to go? He has a little sister age 3, and although she's been very good so far letting him build it downstairs and not messing with the pieces, I think if we had it open on the sideboard that temptation to mess with it would become too much for her:d:
It's such an amazing set, we'd love to display it downstairs, in the hall, living or dining room. :)

WhereIBelong 29 Dec 18 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie29 (Post 13619353)
Hi
My 13 year old DS got the Hogwarts Castle set for christmas and he has nearly completed building it - he's been working hard on it since boxing day and I think he'd build throughout the night if I let him! :d:
Just wondering if anyone has this set? and if so, where do you keep it? I'd be grateful of any ideas. I've seen the display box online for it, but it costs £120! I wouldn't mind paying for a glass display cabinet but can't seem to find any the right size. Or is the display box the only way to go? He has a little sister age 3, and although she's been very good so far letting him build it downstairs and not messing with the pieces, I think if we had it open on the sideboard that temptation to mess with it would become too much for her:d:
It's such an amazing set, we'd love to display it downstairs, in the hall, living or dining room. :)

Was just going to suggest the idisplayit display box... they are acrylic, expensive (£132) , but are really well made - we have one for another model (which was considerably cheaper - but so was the lego! :()- Wall-e which sits on the dresser in DDs room.

We are still building the Hogwarts and will go for a display box to put on the sideboard. (and hopefully a post-build light set which will probably end up costing the same or more from Brickstuff.com - they are currently in development - their lighting kits are really showstopping, can't wait... but I have to...)

minnie29 29 Dec 18 01:47 PM

Thanks :) I will end up buying the display box probably - I've just sat it on the sideboard for now (keeping a careful eye on our 3 year old DD!)

StorybookCircus 29 Dec 18 01:51 PM

We don’t have a LEGO castle but I’ve been looking for a way to display my partner’s Millenium Falcon, so THANK YOU! to those who recommended idisplayit :) That’s one birthday present sorted!

nickbeaan 29 Dec 18 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus (Post 13619402)
We don’t have a LEGO castle but I’ve been looking for a way to display my partner’s Millenium Falcon, so THANK YOU! to those who recommended idisplayit :) That’s one birthday present sorted!

There going to start doing coffee tables for the falcon

LLamb 29 Dec 18 02:38 PM

I have mine on a shelf in the living room (next to the Disney castle 😜) Away from dd 3 and ds 5! Haven’t quite finished it yet though.
Just need to dust it every now and then. I also have a little set of battery operated lights in the castle which look very good.
We will have to get one of the coffee tables for dh’s MF

minnie29 29 Dec 18 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLamb (Post 13619454)
I have mine on a shelf in the living room (next to the Disney castle 😜) Away from dd 3 and ds 5!
Just need to dust it every now and then. I also have a little set of battery operated lights in the castle which look very good.
We will have to get one of the coffee tables for dh’s MF

If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your shelf? All the ones I've seen aren't big enough

LLamb 29 Dec 18 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie29 (Post 13619460)
If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your shelf? All the ones I've seen aren't big enough

Ours aren’t big enough really, it hangs off a little bit.
Ikea floating shelves, they were there before I got the castle and we rotate what sets we have on them.
But you could just make your own and get shelf brackets.

minnie29 29 Dec 18 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLamb (Post 13619463)
Ours aren’t big enough really, it hangs off a little bit.
Ikea floating shelves, they were there before I got the castle and we rotate what sets we have on them.
But you could just make your own and get shelf brackets.

Yeah - my Dad's really good with DIY (DH isn't!) he'd sort it no probs :)

LLamb 29 Dec 18 02:55 PM

It would fit better if the Disney castle wasn’t next to it.
Dh has stolen the other shelf for his Star Wars stuff.

All my modulars have been religated to our bedroom!