theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shopping in Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Character Warehouse - Vineland or International Drive (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1150077)

englishruss 19 Oct 19 06:00 PM

Character Warehouse - Vineland or International Drive

We are going in a couple of weeks and I am hearing about how busy Vineland is now! This is fine of course, I don't get stressed if it's busy.

However, is International Drive quieter?

I always found Vineland better - is that still the case?

We are staying much nearer to Vineland but would only be going to either of these malls for Character Warehouse (and possibly It's Sugar - I think it's called).

I'm really interested in the accounts of those who have been recently.

As always Thanks in advance.

Russ

MrsBC 19 Oct 19 06:23 PM

We went to both last month. Both outlets were as busy as each other, neither were too busy to enjoy.
Vineland Character Warehouse has a queuing system now where only so many are allowed in at a time - and the queue was long, so was the queue inside to pay. We took over 2 hours to queue up, go in and finally get out! If it's the same next year we wont go in there. We went up to IDrive the same day - no queueing system. Much pleasanter experience and pretty much the same stuff in. We spent around $97 and the goods were priced originally at around $395.
I prefer IDrive as they have Yankee Candle and Bath & Bodyworks which are 2 of my favourite shops.

lizzie145 20 Oct 19 09:16 AM

In September both had queues to get in

scottishmum 20 Oct 19 09:20 AM

We went to both last month, not character warehouse just outlets.
We always went to Vineland in evening or early Moreno f, much less busier than we seen it in years,p.
The character warehouse did have a queue though.
Our hotel had a gate directly from it to the car park of Vineland outlet 😳🤣

MrsBC 20 Oct 19 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie145 (Post 14135183)
In September both had queues to get in

Not on the day we went :) only Vineland did.

pumpkin mom 20 Oct 19 09:20 PM

I prefer premium outlets to vineland as they have a good yankee candle store.

iwani 21 Oct 19 01:48 PM

There was a queue to get into the i-drive one a couple of days ago. It wasn't great weather though which might have made things extra busy, Uber drivers commented on the crazy traffic coming in/out that day.

laura 21 Oct 19 02:11 PM

:wave:hi, was at both Vineland and International Drive Disney outlets in the last two weeks and I was surprised that there was a queueing system, never experienced this in all my visits.
When we went to International Drive there was a queue, so we decided to walk round outlets then go back to Disney outlet, we found then that there was no queue, so reckon it’s when it first opens then when it’s a bit quieter they don’t do a queueing system.
Was told that the reason they have started this system is to stop the select people who go in to buy up most of the items that are selling at a massively reduced price, also they are limiting the amount one person can buy on such items.
I remember in June when we went to Vineland Disney, we got talking to a utuber (can’t remember her name but she was sponsored by Westgate timeshare)who was after dresses that seemingly where selling at 99c, she also had folk at International Drive looking for same ones, she had a list of things to get for herself and others which is fair enough if it’s just one or two of said items but the impression I got was it was for as many as she could get of each item, I reckon this is why Disney is cracking down so that each person has a chance to get these items.
Managed to get a couple of items but not a lot in them that I fancied this time:(:wave:

Mel49 21 Oct 19 02:17 PM

We visited both in the last few weeks and it really depends on your luck and while you may have to queue first thing we found that this was the best time to pick up more items. The "shoppers" do visit both mainly queueing before opening but when we were there they were limiting some items (mainly the loungefly and D&B bags) to one per guest.

Grace2007 22 Oct 19 04:13 AM

Hi we went to the Vineland character warehouse a couple of days ago. We arrived at 9am and we were in the second section of people to go in when the store opened at 10am. The store was well stocked but we went early to try to get my daughter a loungefly back pack... the only had six out when the store opened so didn’t stand a chance! So if you want anything like that you need to get there early!