theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Avis car hire with BA package question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129395)

Scotscraig 19 May 19 07:02 PM

Avis car hire with BA package question

Have booked car hire with Avis with BA package for first time. Having paid full balance, when I log into Avis App, rental is still showing as pay on collection with full balance outstanding. We do have a pre paid voucher in our BA booking. Is this all we need to take to desk and is the proof hire has been paid or should the Avis app booking be showing as fully paid with a 0 balance? If need be i will call BA/Avis however looking for nayone with previous experience.

TEL N KEL 19 May 19 07:22 PM

Your car rental is pay on collection, your voucher is your payment, the voucher us the value of the price of your rental at the time of booking.
This is standard nothing to worry about

donstrigger 19 May 19 07:32 PM

I have done this previously with BA and just showed the voucher as payment, they also required to see my credit card and driving license.
I also took out an additional insurance before I left as the insurance with my package was just basic cover.

Warkman58 19 May 19 08:08 PM

This gets asked a lot of tines, perhaps a sticky?

The Avis app will show a cost to pay, until you book in at the kiosk, or collect your car, then the voucher pays it.

It’s just tgecway BA and Avis/Budget work it.

Scotscraig 19 May 19 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warkman58 (Post 13854462)
This gets asked a lot of tines, perhaps a sticky?

The Avis app will show a cost to pay, until you book in at the kiosk, or collect your car, then the voucher pays it.

It’s just tgecway BA and Avis/Budget work it.

The previous poster seems to suggest that Avis insurance may not be sufficient. I have looked at my paperwork which has CDW and Third Party Liability included. This to me seems what we have had in the past from Alamo can you or anyone else confirm? Sorry for questions but we have used Alamo for years without issues and this is the first time with Avis. Thanks

mick 19 May 19 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotscraig (Post 13854505)
The previous poster seems to suggest that Avis insurance may not be sufficient. I have looked at my paperwork which has CDW and Third Party Liability included. This to me seems what we have had in the past from Alamo can you or anyone else confirm? Sorry for questions but we have used Alamo for years without issues and this is the first time with Avis. Thanks

The Avis car included in a BA Fly-Drive will be fully insured with CDW and $1m SLI. Probably won't include the optional ones such as lost keys and mis-fuelling but those are excluded from Alamo as well.

Mick

Scotscraig 19 May 19 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 13854517)
The Avis car included in a BA Fly-Drive will be fully insured with CDW and $1m SLI. Probably won't include the optional ones such as lost keys and mis-fuelling but those are excluded from Alamo as well.

Mick

Thanks Mick. It is my understanding that I just take the pre paid voucher to the koisk in the garage. Is this correct? We are Avis Preferred Members and BA Executive Club Members. Also, can I add DW as free additional driver at kiosk and also pre pay fuel at kiosk?

mick 19 May 19 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotscraig (Post 13854538)
Thanks Mick. It is my understanding that I just take the pre paid voucher to the koisk in the garage. Is this correct? We are Avis Preferred Members and BA Executive Club Members. Also, can I add DW as free additional driver at kiosk and also pre pay fuel at kiosk?

Sorry only done BA/Avis once when the price for BA WT+ and four weeks full size car hire was cheaper than the VS PE flight alone. ;)

I joined AP as well and presented the voucher, D/L and CC at the garage kiosk (and also my red AP card but not sure if I needed to :confused2 ). Car was pre-allocated but fine but Joan never drives over there. I also think I returned full.

Warkman knows far more about Avis - I'm normally an Alamo man. ;)

Mick

MOONCHESTER 19 May 19 11:30 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread, but can you prepay for fuel at the kiosk or does it have to be done at the rental desk?

smithlane 20 May 19 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donstrigger (Post 13854387)
I have done this previously with BA and just showed the voucher as payment, they also required to see my credit card and driving license.
I also took out an additional insurance before I left as the insurance with my package was just basic cover.

You shouldn’t have had to take any extra cover out with a BA/Avis package. You’re fully covered unless you want extras like lost keys etc