theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Premium rooms at All Stars? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11004)

Guest 23 Oct 02 09:58 PM

Premium rooms at All Stars?

Firstly.
A friend of mine remembers there used to be an additional premium to pay if you stayed in a room which was deemed to be in a "prime" location.

Do they still have premium rooms?

Any info if they do.

Secondly.
WDW have told me to ring a day or two before we go to give our preferences as to room location.

We stayed in the Mighty Ducks last time, which was quiet, but miles from the food court/reception.

We would like to stay in the Toy Story or Fantasia areas. Are the rooms at the front too noisy?

Anyone stayed in these rooms? Where would you ask for?

Stu 23 Oct 02 10:14 PM

Lyn,

We have stayed in Fantasia Block twice and there was no noise. The block was the closest to the playground, Main Pool, Laundry and Food Court.

Both Times I telephoned 3 days before arriving.

Last year they introduced the preffered view rooms for an extra $10 per night. Fantasia was supposed to be one of these. When I telephoned no one there seemed to know about the extra charge or the preffered rooms.

I got exactly what I asked for and no extra cost.
Fantasia, ground floor, facing away from Pool.

I double checked about the preffered rooms when I checked in and still no one knew about this. (This was last October)

You can Fax your request aswell, but I prefer to speak to someone.

Guest 24 Oct 02 06:16 AM

Lyn, we've stayed at ASMu twice since the Premium rate was introduced and got exactly as requested by fax at no extra charge.I've always assumed the Brits 'get away' with it as we're on a package rather than paying rack rates.

Michelle 24 Oct 02 01:24 PM

Lyn,

We stayed at ASMo last year. I did ring up a couple of days before we arrived and requested Toy Story building, but on arrival was told that it was fully booked. So they gave me Dalmatians.
Our room was right next to the Fantasia building/pool. Excellent location for both Food court and it was great for the Mighty Duck pool.
I didnt get charged any extra either.

Tartan Tigger 24 Oct 02 07:14 PM

I've stayed in both Toy Story buildings and stayed in Dalmations this year. Each time we have asked at check in if any rooms were available in these buildings and the CM checked availability and then allocated the room to us.:D :D :D
Out of all these rooms my favourite was Dalmation, room number 1908, it was really close to the Fantasia pool (which we could see from the window) the food court and the bus stops and it was also close to the Mighty Duck pool.

Guest 31 Oct 02 08:04 PM

We stayed in Toy Story Block this year, right opposite Andy's Room, never had any problems with the noise.

Guest 31 Oct 02 10:01 PM

Thanks everyone.

Think I'll see if there's a room at the Toy Story Block.

Am I getting a little excited now?...

... just a bit.