theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BA Price Breakdown (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180582)

Dis88 22 Sep 20 11:14 AM

BA Price Breakdown

Hi all

Hoping someone might know the answer - if not I’ll call them.

I’ve booked a package (flights and car) with BA and wanted to see the price breakdown for each element. Does anyone know where I can find that? Doesn’t seem to be available on MMB.

Thanks

Beth_Disney 22 Sep 20 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dis88 (Post 14655425)
Hi all

I’ve booked a package (flights and car) with BA and wanted to see the price breakdown for each element. Does anyone know where I can find that? Doesn’t seem to be available on MMB.

Thanks

I've read before that the individual price information isn't available as its "commercially sensitive" due to the discounts built into the price.

DisneyCupcake 22 Sep 20 11:30 AM

Quote:

Hi all

Thanks

A package holiday costing can't be broken down into individual parts. There isn't any point in ringing BA as they won't be able to give you that information. :wavey:

Dis88 22 Sep 20 11:32 AM

That answers that one then! Thank you

munmun 22 Sep 20 11:34 AM

Quote:

Hi all

Thanks

You could go onto the website and price the flights and the car separately or price the car with the provider usually Avis or Budget

Beth_Disney 22 Sep 20 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munmun (Post 14655446)
You could go onto the website and price the flights and the car separately or price the car with the provider usually Avis or Budget

That will give you a rough guide but it won't be exact or show which part of the package that BA has reduced.

For example; I've just priced up a random week in Las Vegas for next March. The BA package price is £1241. Booking separately comes in at £1419.94 (flights £1183.94 and car £236). Same flights, same car and 1 case each.

munmun 22 Sep 20 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney (Post 14655483)
That will give you a rough guide but it won't be exact or show which part of the package that BA has reduced.

For example; I've just priced up a random week in Las Vegas for next March. The BA package price is £1241. Booking separately comes in at £1419.94 (flights £1183.94 and car £236). Same flights, same car and 1 case each.

Of course, I understand that but it will give simple guide to percentages of total holiday cost.

w513mfs 22 Sep 20 05:11 PM

my brother phoned BA at the beginning of covid because he wanted to change his hotel to a villa because of all the new restrictions. When he phoned BA they said that a refund for the hotel part of the package was 600 pounds. from this he could deduce the cost of flights and difference in villa vs hotel.

So possibly you could Phone Ba and ask them if you can cancel only the car they will tell you how much of a refund you will get back the difference is your flights.

worth a phone call maybe.

Dis88 22 Sep 20 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w513mfs (Post 14655951)
my brother phoned BA at the beginning of covid because he wanted to change his hotel to a villa because of all the new restrictions. When he phoned BA they said that a refund for the hotel part of the package was 600 pounds. from this he could deduce the cost of flights and difference in villa vs hotel.

So possibly you could Phone Ba and ask them if you can cancel only the car they will tell you how much of a refund you will get back the difference is your flights.

worth a phone call maybe.

Good idea! Thanks for your help everyone. :)

Shooby doo 22 Sep 20 07:54 PM

I sort of disagree though as in that scenario he is just amending the package so any package discounts are still there, if you cancel then you lose the "discounts" so not really giving an accurate breakdown plus once it stops being a package you will have to pay the balance in full.
SD:d: